The Legends REALLY Need Our Help!!!

Looking through donations on the Legends site (its not weird...)

George Hopkins donated a few hundred dollars, might not have been him, but he had ellipses so it seemed legit.

"you do great work IBE. Cash is king in drum corps and you have nothing to be ashamed of. Make it happen ... it looks like you already are :-)"

Biggest donation so far is the Glassmen Alumni it seems, with a few thousand dollar donation.  

"We understand the struggle, and we are here to support you. We are all family in this crazy, drum corps world!"

Sometimes the worst stuff in the activity can bring out the best stuff in the activity.  Its great to see this stuff come together, I remember 24 hours ago, I thought they were doomed.  Never underestimate the power of this community.                           

Edited by BoaDci
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Stu has a consistent argument, which is that by virtue of making this emergency request, Legends' management has already demonstrated a callousness toward the well-being of its members.

And my counter argument is that his donation appears to only be helping this year's crew (most, if not all of whom have already paid their dues), and is not a guarantee of support beyond this tour. If you hate the management, don't give them jack after this year. But do it now for the kids. 

By not donating, he is saying the kids don't matter as long as he has his moral and financial superiority over the management.

1 minute ago, BoaDci said:

Looking through donations on the Legends site (its not weird...)

George Hopkins donated a few hundred dollars, might not have been him, but he had ellipses so it seemed legit.

Biggest donation so far is the Glassmen Alumni it seems, with a few thousand dollar donation.  

The Hop style is easy to copy and mimic, so I'm not 100% sure if it's the real deal or a faker.

And I know that $5K and $10K anonymous donations were made shortly after the miracle $20K donation was removed, but $2K from the Glassmen was an awesome surprise.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MotoSurfBass said:

The Hop style is easy to copy and mimic, so I'm not 100% sure if it's the real deal or a faker.

And I know that $5K and $10K anonymous donations were made shortly after the miracle $20K donation was removed, but $2K from the Glassmen was an awesome surprise.

Hop posted on his Facebook that he donated, and shared the link...probably him

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Trumpet2 said:

I especially enjoyed the anonymous donation which said "DCP's Stu sent me"

Savage and beautiful.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

If you supported the kids, you would donate so they could finish the god #### tour they paid for.

Emergency food, water, medical supplies, getting youth safely home to parents and family, that I support. Facilitating a performance with a corps that needed to secure $100,000 in 24 hours from anything other than a catestrophic event, that I will not support. And by the way, there are corps I am extremely happy to financially support.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Emergency food, water, medical supplies, getting youth safely home to parents and family, that I support. Facilitating a performance with a corps that needed to secure $100,000 in 24 hours from anything other than a catestrophic event, that I will not support. And by the way, there are corps I am extremely happy to financially support.

So the kids you are actually willing to support depend completely on the adults running the corps?

• Like 1

Just now, MotoSurfBass said:

So the kids you are actually willing to support depend completely on the adults running the corps?

If you mean: the youth which I support by helping pay their dues choose to audition for corps that are managed by sound business minded adults, and I discourage youth from auditioning for corps that have poor business practices and will not help them financially, then the answer is yep!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stu said:

If you mean: the youth which I support by helping pay their dues choose to audition for corps that are managed by sound business minded adults, and I discourage youth from auditioning for corps that have poor business practices and will not help them financially, then the answer is yep!

Edit to remove annoyed statement

Edited by George Dixon
Sober
  • Like 4