The Legends REALLY Need Our Help!!!

38 minutes ago, Stu said:

Hey, if I am motivating people to donate, you oughta' be happy, happy, joy, joy.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Hey NE, for what it is worth I did something I normally do not do; I hit the like button.  Thank you for knowing that while we can disagree with passion, we can lighten things up with humor!!!! 

• Like 2

It's still early for me in Hawaii...donated. It wasn't much, but three major eye surgeries in 6 months (none of them planned or voluntary; in short, my left eye kinda came apart and the latest was procedure was July 6th to reattach the retina after a prosthetic plastic lens was stitched to the inside of my eyeball, afterwhich a permanent surgical zip tie was wrapped around the exterior of the eye to keep everything intact) set me way back. I want my next left eye to be like Steve Austin's... 

• Like 3

For the record: the altrusim of those who donated is to be comnended, I am positive that Ibe is a great guy with a great heart so nothing was personal; and it has just been my opinion this was probably good heart emotion driving likely some questionable financial decisions akin to what has happened to many other corps. And if the staff at this corps can learn from the past to make the future better for the youth that would be wonderful. Just wanted to get those toughts out.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, MotoSurfBass said:

So the kids you are actually willing to support depend completely on the adults running the corps?

That makes sense to me.  Why encourage the kids to follow a Pied Piper of dreams?

Is that what the activity teaches?

Responsibility starts at the top of the organization, doesn't it?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, George Dixon said:

You're a jerk. Just a tip from me

Hey!  Completely uncalled for!

I happen to agree with Stu on this point.

I just don't agree that this situation is definitely caused by ineptitude and not a confluence of events that were far out on the margin of potential but happened anyway.

And even that type of situation SHOULD be accommodated in the budget planning prior to the corps hitting the road.

Throughout, I believe Stu has been consistent in his position.

I've thought you were wrong on some of your own posts, George, but I'd never resort to personal attacks (unless or until you launch a barrage of them yourself).

Lighten up, Lucy.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Stu said:

For the record: the altrusim of those who donated is to be comnended, I am positive that Ibe is a great guy with a great heart so nothing was personal; and it has just been my opinion this was probably good heart emotion driving likely some questionable financial decisions akin to what has happened to many other corps. And if the staff at this corps can learn from the past to make the future better for the youth that would be wonderful. Just wanted to get those toughts out.

I had no doubt, even if you're a jerk.

:whistle:

6 hours ago, George Dixon said:

You're a jerk. Just a tip from me

A little strong, dontcha think? He has a very logical argument and reasoning for his decision and I respect that he isn't just throwing #### at the wall, he's been giving full explanations to everyone who asks. Even if I don't completely agree with him. 

Just because you don't agree with his reasoning doesn't mean he's a jerk. 

Time to take a timeout? 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, garfield said:

That makes sense to me.  Why encourage the kids to follow a Pied Piper of dreams?

Is that what the activity teaches?

Responsibility starts at the top of the organization, doesn't it?

I guess it would make sense if the corps was known for routinely being in the red and on the verge of not being able to finish tour every year.

AFAIK, Legends were certainly not one of those groups, and I doubt 16-year-olds will read the 990's thread to find out. IMO, to punish the kids for not having superhuman foresight to avoid the corps and the situation is a bit much.

Now if this was corps [REDACTED] or [STOP THROWING NAMES, MOTO], World Class groups which had reputations of rolling in the red, shortening tours, or being in constant need of instant fundraisers, and the kids still marched there, there could be some questioning of their planning. I personally would still donate because I don't believe in ever punishing children for the sins of the adults, especially in a younger Open Class group.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

A little strong, dontch

Just because you don't agree with his reasoning doesn't mean he's a jerk. 

Gar's not a jerk because people don't agree with him. 

He's a jerk because he's a buckeye.  ;)

• Like 5