The Official DCI Southeastern Championship Thread - July 29, 2017

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

They aren't going to burn her, are they?  :ninja:

Only at Finals....

11 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

They literally don't move at all during the ballad (which is most peoples favorite part of the show)

What are you talking about. The entire first half of the ballad they are moving and marching. During the big ensemble part at the end, they are not marching, but they are moving together in unison body movement.

The field is starting to collapse into the center of the earth...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Both corps have very different approaches to ensemble sound. Crown has the traditional sound that one thinks of when you hear the word "balance" and that is why they sound so pure, like an organ. BD takes a different approach to their ensemble by going for a more jazzy sound that still needs low brass support but emphasizes the upper and mid voices. 

I assure you, you're not going to be able to differentiate the quality of the two hornlines over video. 

I understand there are different approaches to ensemble sound, but clarity should be the aim no matter the approach. The first 3 notes in crowns show are so clear and accurate and that clarity sustains with every note they play. BD is still very good, but their ensemble sound is almost electric to me. Granted the last time I heard them live was in Atlanta last year.