The Official DCI Southeastern Championship Thread - July 29, 2017

BD had flo stuttering for me.  I'm pretty sure it was on my end though.  Wish my housemates would 'disappear' when I'm watching...hah.  These streams seem to be a lot more demanding than Netflix though.  

• Like 1

When your favorite corp just brilliantly separate themselves on a total different level and the haters cant help but to try finding faults in hate! Of the same old same old, scratch records LOL LOL LOL.. your tears taste so goooooooood! Ha.. Go Blue Devils!

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

This complaint about the Blue Devils is so old and not relevant. The Devils do exactly what the judging sheets require to maximize their score at finals. If you want to complain about it, focus on how a modern drum corps show is rewarded points. 

I'm not complaining. Just stating the truth. I don't really care what the judges think. I'm just stating a fact. They don't move. In my opinion, that makes them less entertaining and less talented. They are a big concert band on a football field

Just now, jmc5682 said:

I think tonight is the night SCV will pass BD.  I am from the San Francisco Bay Area and there is only one corps I would want to beat my beloved BD and that would be my beloved SCV.  We shall see soon!

Very clear top four this year. The staging, sound, design, drill and concepts are a full step above the rest. And four quite different approaches, too. I'm glad I got to see all four live, because you definitely get to draw proper conclusions...especially at a show as huge as Nashville is now. After last night, and again tonight online, I still say:

1. SCV

2. Bluecoats

3. Devils

4. Crown

My guess is BD and coats will be flipped at the end.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ContraFart said:

I understand there are different approaches to ensemble sound, but clarity should be the aim no matter the approach. The first 3 notes in crowns show are so clear and accurate and that clarity sustains with every note they play. BD is still very good, but their ensemble sound is almost electric to me. Granted the last time I heard them live was in Atlanta last year.

I'd argue that Crown's approach is what allows for that clarity. If you're emphasizing certain sections like, for example, Bloo and BD do, you aren't going to hear that "pure" sound that you want. I'm not a music major so while I'm sure there's terminology out there to better explain what im trying to get at, it's not under my expertise lol

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, defeldus2 said:

Man, EVERY corps has killed it tonight. What a year.

<checks weather for Massillon> <readies #BlooForceOne for Indy>

• Like 3

That Crown show has no flow to it. I am resigned to her singing "for good", but after that they should shut off the mike. It is just distracting. 

• Like 1