DCI Pittsburgh - Wednesday, August 2, 2017

15 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Never live near a lake in the Northern part of the USA.

I'm pretty sure that all longtime Buffalo Bills football season ticket holders bypass purgatory and go straight to heaven when they die. Thats because they've all encountered hell a hundred times over and almost froze to death as many times over in the process.

Edited by BRASSO

2 hours ago, dcifanforlife said:

Rain out hurts the Mandarins the most.   They need to keep increasing their score.  Only one head to head match up  left with Madison in Rome NY.  Madison is on Saturday night in Allentown and scores tend to be higher than on Friday night.   Hopefully Mandarins will be seeded right before or right after Madison in Prelims.

Not ideal, but I don't think it's a disaster to the Mandarins. The biggest thing they miss from this is the feedback from the judges. They still got to perform which allows them to continue to hone their show. The scores themselves from tonight would have been relatively meaningless.

I assume that Mandarins and Scouts will be seeded close together. Scouts currently have a slight advantage on the seeding front - I think I calculated something like a .115 difference. Allentown will decide things as far as seeding goes, but I suspect it will continue to be a close battle throughout prelims and semis. Both corps are scheduled to compete in Allentown and Rome, so they actually have two head-to-head matchups unless there has been a recent change of plans for Scouts. 

I don't recall:  When a show gets rained out and only a few Corps perform, do they get the judges critiques?  Or is it all or nothing?

15 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

I don't recall:  When a show gets rained out and only a few Corps perform, do they get the judges critiques?  Or is it all or nothing?

If by critique you are referring to the judge's recording (BITD....tape) I think they would have those.  Since the recordings are now digital they are usually uploaded to the corps Competition Suite account just a few minutes after their performance.  They get the recordings immediately so they can listen to them in advance of the actual face-to-face critique session with the judges.

In a case like tonight's rainout they would most likely have the recording, but would not be given the written sheet/score.

• Like 1