DCI Pittsburgh - Wednesday, August 2, 2017

5 minutes ago, Gearup1985 said:

Yea it's cancelled

No Crossmen - Bluestars  matchup  until  Prelims.   A long wait for fans of both corps.   

Sad!!!! Can't wait for Indy! It's bitter sweet because it's almost over. Best thing my Son has ever been a part of. Thank goodness he is only 18 and we have a few more years with this crazy, fun ride! Good luck to all for the rest of the season.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tupac said:

Wait a minute,I was at the Pirate baseball game tonight and there wasn't a drop of rain. Baldwin is no more than 4 miles from downtown. 

This happens a lot in Buffalo, too. It pours buckets in one place and there's not a single drop of rain in another. The same goes for during the winter - one place gets a foot of snow, another gets next to nothing.

Home. A little damp, a little disappointed. Although, I will have the chance to see the Cavaliers and the Crossmen next week in Massillon, I saw the Crossmen last night in ensemble rehearsal and I might try and catch Blue Stars tomorrow as they are still in the area. I am also glad that the groups all got the walk up money tonight. That's very important for them and the show sponsors.

I will say that I do not like this venue. The stands are never full, those who are in attendance are at least half high school band members, and the public address system is so substandard that I would imagine half the people are still milling around underneath the stands because they didn't hear that the show is cancelled. I have a much more enjoyable time every year at the Gateway High School show sponsored by the Bluecoats, even though it is an early season show.

1 minute ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

This happens a lot in Buffalo, too. It pours buckets in one place and there's not a single drop of rain in another. The same goes for during the winter - one place gets a foot of snow, another gets next to nothing.

As a friend once said:  The forecast might call for a 30 percent chance of rain...but if it's raining where you're standing, it's 100 percent!!! :tongue:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

We had the same situation here.  Rain all around us but nary a drop here. 

Meanwhile, apparently all the rain and thunder in the Baltimore area today occurred within a 100-yard radius of my house.  LOL.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mfrontz said:

Mandarins obviously a big step up in design and execution. M They need to get their feet out of the horns in the next week.I like the color guard work and their costumes.

Whether the Mandarins make finals or not, I hope the fact that they were in the mix this year bolsters the organization. 

As to the cancellation of the show, the electronics introduce a more stringent criteria for cancellation.

I can remember competing in the US Open in Marion, OH under such a downpour that I can still remember rain spattering off my horn and my pants getting heavier as they got wetter.  But, it was fun  

• Like 1