What Chester Makes Makes Chester - TOC Show August 3rd

1 minute ago, jjeffeory said:

well, they DO complete musical thoughts, but they go through them very quickly just as the judges want and reward. Their show is more different than others this year. The entire middle portion of the show reminds me of a nature show describing man. the music is the background. I may have ordered a show where music is the approach, but they're offering something different, and it seems to be working ok for them this season thematically.

posted from the DrumScorps app

It's working really well for them. And it fits the show's mood quite well! 

Just now, Cappybara said:

Im talking about the (rude) use of the term ADHD. Not the style that you graciously described as such. 

I got that. 

It's a subjective thing - totally respect others like it. And the judges like it. 

Just now, jjeffeory said:

people still use those words even today. They're jerks. I even hear pre teens use those words. it's not over yet.

Quite unfortunate. It's gotten to the point where college students have to get a training done to explain that saying those things isn't right. Common sense has gone out the window 

1 minute ago, jjeffeory said:

people still use those words even today. They're jerks. I even hear pre teens use those words. it's not over yet.

I never got the gripe with the word ret*rded. It literally means slow. Very common in the automotive and tech industry. 

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

It's working really well for them. And it fits the show's mood quite well! 

they have a good guard - that's driving everything in DCI. You can put the corps in order of the guards most seasons. So that would likely put BD>SCV>Cavaliers>Coats as the top 4. Crown will stay ahead of Boston/Cadets only due to their great brass and strong percussion. Their GE scores will drop during finals week due to the guard IMO.  Seen it happen many times.

• Like 1

Just now, George Dixon said:

they have a good guard - that's driving everything in DCI. You can put the corps in order of the guards most seasons. So that would likely put BD>SCV>Cavaliers>Coats as the top 4. Crown will stay ahead of Boston/Cadets only due to their great brass and strong percussion. Their GE scores will drop during finals week due to the guard IMO.  Seen it happen many times.

I think Crown's GE scores will drop too as Cavies and Bloo maximize their shows 

i think they just have more cohesive/well thought out products on the field right now 

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Quite unfortunate. It's gotten to the point where college students have to get a training done to explain that saying those things isn't right. Common sense has gone out the window 

well everyone is so easily offended - so there is that! lol

So this is what happens on a TOC thread when there's no Rihanna to complain about...

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 2