What Chester Makes Makes Chester - TOC Show August 3rd

Just now, Cappybara said:

Sorry, I'm just not into the forced patriotism at EVERYTHING. That's all. The national anthem has its place in important events and deserves respect in order to honor our history and the people who have served our country. But it is misplaced in sporting events. The NFL especially has turned it into full out comedy with their "paid patriotism" where they have sickenly commercialized it for their own gain. Just terrible. 

it's not at "everything" so there ya go. You lost that argument

Now - about the corps...

Very excited Cadets are over 90!!! Yeah :)

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

Maybe you aren't aware but years ago, even into the early DCI era, a flag presentation was part of every corps' show.  

I'm quite aware. 

Just now, cadet93 said:

We all have biases.....lol....kind of a silly statement.

This is beyond just his views of tonight's show. That was just icing on the cake...

Just now, Treefidy said:

This is beyond just his views of tonight's show. That was just icing on the cake...

Ah ok

• Like 1

The Cavaliers' competitive ceiling has just been raised from fifth to third.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Yeah, everyone just let it go. It's an opinion. Nothing more. Let them go to the political forums to fight. Back to drum corps. 

Still shocked that Bluecoats do not seem to be cleaning. Grrrrr. :( Let's go Blooo. Clean that puppy. 

They looked clean to me. Sometimes things are rewarded. It happens. Seen it many times. The group think in DCI judging is alarming!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

it's not at "everything" so there ya go. You lost that argument

:sigh:

36 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

ah the millenials - so "above" everything lol

35 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Sorry, I'm just not into the forced patriotism at EVERYTHING. That's all. The national anthem has its place in important events and deserves respect in order to honor our history and the people who have served our country. But it is misplaced in sporting events. The NFL especially has turned it into full out comedy with their "paid patriotism" where they have sickenly commercialized it for their own gain. Just terrible. 

I'm all for changing our national anthem to America the Beautiful.

But regardless of what our national anthem is, I will always stand in respect for the country I get to live in, largely because I am aware of the fact that there are likely thousands standing near me who lost loved ones, and/or various body parts, defending the freedom I enjoy. It has absolutely nothing to do with the song.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 1