The Massillon Knock Out August 7

1 minute ago, Fred Windish said:

SIMPLY FANTASTIC, VANGUARD!   This is everything I want in a drum corps. NOTHING comes up short.  Such coordination, power, and emotional build.  No matter how great the Blue Devils perform their show, THIS is the show I want to win!  

I'm with you brotha

• Like 2

This show for me will have to fit in my Top 5 SCV shows of all time.

• Like 3

Next on the field is the Bluecoats from Canton, Ohio. Their 2017 program, courtesy of Corpsreps.com:

Jagged Line
Prelude by Thank You Scientists; Radice, Mark 
Psychopomp by Thank You Scientists 
Grow Till Tall by Jonsi 
One Study One Summary by John Psathas 
Zomby Woof by Zappa, Frank  

• Like 2

Santa Clara is just Phenomenal! The show is a visual masterpiece. Musically I like a lot of it but not all of it. I feel the first 1/3 of the show fails to grab me. The last 1/3 is like the greatest thing I've ever seen!!!  For me I guess it's the brass book. At the onset of the show it's highly technical but does not pull me in. What saves the first half or more of the show for me (musically speaking) is that incredible pit. The quality of the pit and the scoring of the book is the best in DCI this year. Then the last 1/3 of the show just blows you smack away! 

They are not clean enough to beat the Blue Devils...not yet. Let's see what happens in Indy. Should be a great 1 vs 2 matchup. 

• Like 5

Blooooooo they need a singer how about some Frank Zappa and some Dinah moe humm

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

SIMPLY FANTASTIC, VANGUARD!   This is everything I want in a drum corps. NOTHING comes up short.  Such coordination, power, and emotional build.  No matter how great the Blue Devils perform their show, THIS is the show I want to win!  

With you 100%

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, sched88 said:

The crowd in Allentown started cheering at the end of the show which really wasn't the end of the show when they broke the Crown formation and ran to the right side of the field.  It kind of ruined the moment.

It's almost like the audience doesn't understand the new ending :) 

• Like 1