Boston Crusaders 2018

1 minute ago, craiga said:

Manning Bowl in Lynn has been a drum corps venue since the 1960s.  There used to be a show there called the World Open, which was a two day event and some years featured over 49 drum corps in multiple classes, most if which were from Massachusetts btw. When I became involved in the activity, there were generally 3 or 4 shows held there each summer.  Several years ago, the old cement "bowl" stadium was taken down. The new, modern stadium was built facing a different direction, but this location is still considered drum corps sacred land to this day. It is our Fenway Park.

74 Kilties rehearsed in the condemned Manning Bowl.  The show was held in Lowell that year. That was the show the sprinklers came on twice, once before the show and once in the middle of McDuffy’s. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, craiga said:

The new, modern stadium was built facing a different direction, but this location is still considered drum corps sacred land to this day. It is our Fenway Park.

Would Whitewater hold similar feelings to the Mid West corps/fans?

24 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I had the privilege to march in Whitewater as a DCI marching member, as a  student at UWW and as a Marine with "The Commandant's Own".  I actually made it back there this year for the first time in a long time.  It still felt like Sacred Drum Corps ground to me and always will.

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Yep - even the year I marched with 2-7, Whitewater felt "different"...

• Like 1

Home Cookin' this morning ( July 2nd ).... gives new meaning to the phrase: "  Eat'em up Boston ! "

Image may contain: food

• Like 3

Dearest Alumni (I know some of you are on here),

You continue to amazing me with your dedication to the this corps & it's members, not to mention the inspiration you provide.  Yesterday, MADE THEIR DAY!  It's amazing to experience and words are not simply enough!  These kids are over-the-moon excited for this season and having you behind them just makes them want to succeed that much more.  My marcher has had nothing but good things to say about this organization and it's alumni!  So THANK YOU to all of you on here (and those not)!  You are AWESOME!

@craiga- Extra thanks if that was from you, my marcher needed that :D  

Thank you again to all of you!

• Like 4

Just now, BRASSO said:

Home Cookin' this morning ( July 2nd ).... gives new meaning to the phrase: "  Eat'em up Boston ! "

Image may contain: food

...and then Brasso posts this!  SEE, they are spoiled and LOVE it!!  

This corps is made of GIANTS!  #GoBAC **|*|***

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

74 Kilties rehearsed in the condemned Manning Bowl.  The show was held in Lowell that year. That was the show the sprinklers came on twice, once before the show and once in the middle of McDuffy’s. 

Yup Cawley Stadium, Lowell, Ma. I was at that show, Terri. When the stadium sprinklers came on during the Kilties competition performance, the crowd initially gasped. But the Kilties didn't flinch. Continued on " undaunted ". The Massachusetts audience noticed that grit with the midwestern Corps when that happened unexpectedly, got on their side, and gave them a great reception to their performance under such circumstances. The Kilities were awesome that nite in performance too !

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Yup Cawley Stadium, Lowell, Ma. I was at that show, Terri. When the stadium sprinklers came on during the Kilties competition performance, the crowd initially gasped. But the Kilties didn't flinch. Continued on " undaunted ". The Massachusetts audience noticed that grit with the midwestern Corps when that happened unexpectedly, got on their side, and gave them a great reception to their performance under such circumstances. The Kilities were awesome that nite in performance too !

They marched true so it was probably quite refreshing.  And washed some of the stank off those kilts lol

• Haha 3