Boston Crusaders 2018

11 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

That was loud.  No really.  It was loud.  

#ThatWasLoud

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Can someone explain what exactly music analysis means? Is it basically all facets (brass, pit, percussion) put into one factor and judged accordingly to the content and its execution? If that’s the case, how do corps switch back and forth if there’s really no major changes to the overall content? Would that then rely solely on execution for these numbers to switch? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

What did I say about this weekend?  Afterburners ignited. 

e09de8fe99fd0c4b5d0945d6fbfb6f10.jpg

• Like 4

I think I'm going to keep doubting BAC. They continually prove me wrong.......my doubting helps them. Continuing.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, johnpendell said:

Can someone explain what exactly music analysis means? Is it basically all facets (brass, pit, percussion) put into one factor and judged accordingly to the content and its execution? If that’s the case, how do corps switch back and forth if there’s really no major changes to the overall content? Would that then rely solely on execution for these numbers to switch? 

The cleaner the show, the more the content becomes realized, thus a higher score on both sides of the sheet. So if you have a great run, both might be higher. A bad run, one or both might be lower or flipped. If a judge thinks the corps is outplaying their written book, then you get a profile score (right side higher than left side). Remember, just because the book is there doesn't mean credit is given until its clean and readable at a level comparable to the other corps in their neighborhood.  Plus the more a judge gets to hear the show, the more he/she can decipher the layers of the book. Once we get to August and judges have seen each show numerous times, then you get a much more clear picture of who is considered to have the better books and which groups are performing those the best from an analysis perspective. Hope that helps, John!

Edited by trumpetcam
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, ndrudy2013 said:

I usually do, are you going to be in Indy, we should get together and have a couple of beers.

Riding through Indy late May will be my only time there this year.  But, if Boston, by A Town has a good shot at medaling, I may be scrambling to crash with someone on DCP who has a hotel room that could fit a twin size aero bed on the floor.  Splitting a room three ways helps the budget big time.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, trumpetcam said:

The cleaner the show, the more the content becomes realized, thus a higher score on both sides of the sheet. So if you have a great run, both might be higher. A bad run, one or both might be lower or flipped. If a judge thinks the corps is outplaying their written book, then you get a profile score (right side higher than left side). Remember, just because the book is there doesn't mean credit is given until its clean and readable at a level comparable to the other corps in their neighborhood. Maybe that helps a little?

Yeah cleared up my confusion, thank you!