Cadets 2018

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

36603023_10156647682406349_5204606919360

Cadets FB page has many more 

https://m.facebook.com/cadets.org/

yes as i find things like this i keep posting to the DCP facebook page to shut up the "what happened to straight lines and patriotic songs and no flinching" crowd

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

yes as i find things like this i keep posting to the DCP facebook page to shut up the "what happened to straight lines and patriotic songs and no flinching" crowd

Cadets played a nice patriotic tune in straight lines with high toes, they also appeared to have some fun along the way 

this is one great group of members, hard working - let them have some fun!

(And I’m the biggest “wear the classic uniform for retreat and just stand there” guy around lol) 

on the volunteer FB closed page there is an incredible video of them playing the end of demonic jazz portion to the crowd in concert and the crowd goes completely ape. Sounded fantastic

7 minutes ago, Eleran said:

They still do that, also.   Click on the lower right video of the three.

https://www.facebook.com/noahsigs/videos/1878177275575781/     

Yup and click on the lower left one for the standstill I was describing 

when your audience is literally leaping off the ground, well, it’s a good thing!

Cadets were in excellent form in Wakefield. They performed patriotic music in my vicinity. They were not in straight lines through the whole parade route, however. A family offered them snacks and water, and they partook, which was fine with me. I got to speak to a few marching members.

Regarding the uniforms, I saw then up close and personal yesterday which is a different view than in the stands. They must be hot. Black velvet pants have to be brutal, and that is coming from someone who wears black more than the average person.

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

36603023_10156647682406349_5204606919360

Cadets FB page has many more 

https://m.facebook.com/cadets.org/

The look on the face of that last girl....

yeah, she's hooked.   She'll be a Cadet one day.  She will never forget this moment.

Edited by c mor
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Wow started reading that thread over there lol

insane 

• Haha 1

Saw several corps in the Bel Air, MD, parade yesterday  (is it OK to mention most of them were DCA corps? I don't want xandandl to hunt me down here :tongue:), and all of them were having fun with their marching gigs... smiling, high-fiving some spectators, doing various dance steps, and so forth.

Great to see that!!! I've never quite understood that whole "but they're supposed to be badazz" thing. (Different spelling to get past the filter.  LOL)

Of course, the Mummers band in the parade... Uptown String Band from Philly... was really having fun, as those bands always do... getting the crowd to sing and clap along, with the strutter out front. 

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Wow started reading that thread over there lol

insane 

yup. as i keep saying "and the forums have a bad reputation??"