Hook'emCavies

The Cavaliers 2018, 70 years of excellence

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

You're right. It's getting time for more information.

I think we’re about two or three weeks out from the first of any reveal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember last year and in 2016 they announced around the 21 or 22 of April. Hopefully that trend continues because I caught myself recently getting excited that it’s a little over a month away from any kind of announcement. I’m so ready for this upcoming season, I’m having major withdraws. I already got my Finals tix too. It put a smile on my face when I read that they’re making a lot of progress for March. I cannot wait to see what this 70th edition of the corps does. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ripchops said:

I remember last year and in 2016 they announced around the 21 or 22 of April. Hopefully that trend continues because I caught myself recently getting excited that it’s a little over a month away from any kind of announcement. I’m so ready for this upcoming season, I’m having major withdraws. I already got my Finals tix too. It put a smile on my face when I read that they’re making a lot of progress for March. I cannot wait to see what this 70th edition of the corps does. 

When I watched them play and heard more of the show, I wondered how they were going to pull off playing AND marching some of this music on the field at the same time.  This brass book is just insane. Definitely one of the hardest books ever to come out of Rosemont that I can remember.  Of course this is only at this time.  

...and they keep adding difficulty in ways that maybe I'll explain after they announce their show.  I'm super stoked about how much this hornline is playing. Right now, difficult passages aren't being sent to the pit ( this was a brass only camp), and there weren't that many empty sections where the hornline was tacit.

Anyway, I'm hyping a little bit, but it's our 70th anniversary, and so far things are going very well musically.  I can't wait to hear them next month and then finally in the summer!

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

When I watched them play and heard more of the show, I wondered how they were going to pull off playing AND marching some of this music on the field at the same time.  This brass book is just insane. Definitely one of the hardest books ever to come out of Rosemont that I can remember.  Of course this is only at this time.  

...and they keep adding difficulty in ways that maybe I'll explain after they announce their show.  I'm super stoked about how much this hornline is playing. Right now, difficult passages aren't being sent to the pit ( this was a brass only camp), and there weren't that many empty sections where the hornline was tacit.

Anyway, I'm hyping a little bit, but it's our 70th anniversary, and so far things are going very well musically.  I can't wait to hear them next month and then finally in the summer!

Can confirm on the difficulty of the brass book at this current moment. Lots of really impressive stuff in all the videos. Kevin Leboeuf has brought some heat to the line finally that might turn more heads. Probably lots of heads that have written the Cavaliers brass off for decades.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was looking at the cavies block(s) for finals and I had a quick question... which section(s) do yall recommend I should consider sitting in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I was looking at the cavies block(s) for finals and I had a quick question... which section(s) do yall recommend I should consider sitting in?

I’m not sure which block is theirs, I got tickets for the 640 level which is dead center at the top level. The last few years I’ve had tickets a few sections over from the 640 on each side, as close to the top middle as I could. That’s just me 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I was looking at the cavies block(s) for finals and I had a quick question... which section(s) do yall recommend I should consider sitting in?

I love anything in the 100s or 200s because I love the raw emotion and power you can get down on that level. The 300s and 400s are definitely a blend of sound and visual because you are around the judges level. Up top you get some of the bad acoustics from Lucas Oil but no visual is missed. Definitely closer to the middle is optimal up there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2018 at 6:20 PM, jjeffeory said:

When I watched them play and heard more of the show, I wondered how they were going to pull off playing AND marching some of this music on the field at the same time.  This brass book is just insane. Definitely one of the hardest books ever to come out of Rosemont that I can remember.  Of course this is only at this time...

My question is: Will they play and march the tough music at the same time? Because in the past - last year in particular - they didn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just learned one of my students was offered a contract this past weekend.  As an FMM, I couldn't be more proud.  I look forward to seeing him grow in the marching arts with one of the finest organizations in the activity.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.