Blue Devils 2018

I know, I know.... it’s early. the season just started, BUT......based on this recording I do think that there is a possibility of a new champion in 2018. Sorry, wasn’t feeling the arrangements and even had to double check to make sure I was listening to BD. Obviously, some great sections, but wasn’t blown away like I usually am when I hear them at the beginning of each new season. Kinda disappointed. Again, I know it’s extremely early and I’m sure they’ll prove me wrong (this recording is why corps don’t like to have their pre tour stuff leaked).

Edited by GREENBLUE

I sure would love to hear some audio from Saturdays sneak peak performance. 

The sound quality of the A corps is unlike anything I have ever heard. 2018 Champion? I do no know but I will guarantee that ballad is just as good as last years effort and will have people on their feet jumping up and down.

This year Blue Devils are undergoing a paradigm shift and the beginning of a new era.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, flammaster said:

The sound quality of the A corps is unlike anything I have ever heard. 2018 Champion? I do no know but I will guarantee that ballad is just as good as last years effort and will have people on their feet jumping up and down.

This year Blue Devils are undergoing a paradigm shift and the beginning of a new era.

I dont know if im ready for that

32 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I am very ready. The apotheosis of BD's current style is Fellini-esque from 2014, one of the finest drum corps show ever. But though the style has stayed the same since then, I don't think they ever recaptured the magic of that show. Time for something different. And remember the title of last year's show...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, flammaster said:

New Era was an SCV show.:whistle:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, xandandl said:

New Era was an SCV show.:whistle:

Things have changed a lot for BD. The traditions are fading away like the Memorial day camp preview.  I think 2018 more than any other recent year will show off different dimensions to the organization even though some things will be greatly missed by us old timers. This is a global brand now so some things have to change.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, flammaster said:

Things have changed a lot for BD. The traditions are fading away like the Memorial day camp preview.  I think 2018 more than any other recent year will show off different dimensions to the organization even though some things will be greatly missed by us old timers. This is a global brand now so some things have to change.

and Justin makes his imprint as Gibbs begins (supposedly) to fade away...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, flammaster said:

Yes indeed.. and I am loving the direction.. is it a winning show let's see, but for sure the music is insane enjoyable. Love the jazz flare so classic yet so new. If BD don't win I have no problem so as long as SCV win but any other worthy show who deserved it I wont deny lol. Still not giving up on BD 19th!!! 

Edited by theonlyfizzle

6 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

You better try... lol