Bluecoats 2018-LETS GO BLOO

They really need to fix the phasing issues in Saro. I've only seen youtube videos, but in their shows, once the tempo picks up, the second phrase of the flugelhorn solo seems late and the bari entrance after often comes in a little late and slow. I'm sure the distance on the field and everything make it even harder to get the timing perfect, but once they get this consistent, it'll be so much better. Probably one of my favorite ballads they've had, and Bloo always has great ballads.

Edited by Blasian62
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Blasian62 said:

They really need to fix the phasing issues in Saro. I've only seen youtube videos, but in their shows, once the tempo picks up, the second phrase of the flugelhorn solo seems late and the bari entrance after often comes in a little late and slow. I'm sure the distance on the field and everything make it even harder to get the timing perfect, but once they get this consistent, it'll be so much better. Probably one of my favorite ballads they've had, and Bloo always has great ballads.

Same tonight from a recording I've seen. It's also after the big hit when the horn sway move starts, the eighth notes come in late and it drags. From what I've seen it sounded the most together when the baris came in at Orlando, but then the trumpet eighths were late with the sway. How does it sound live?

Edited by Blasian62
  • Haha 1

Loving this show the most out of the past 3 years, and I'm not a slow writer but I will say that while I actually like the ending visually and thematically, I really wish they'd do something a little more musically interesting than basically sampling the ballad verbatim with some added hype.  Just seems a little stale! Just my two cents. 

I think the problem with the new ending isn't necessarily the ending itself but our expectations. I think most of us want an ending that matches or surpasses the wow factor of tilts closer. Well that closer is currently one of my favorites of all time and for good reason. This closer imo is better than most closers this year with scv being an exception so as long as bloo works out a few quirks, I think they'll be fine.

posted from the DrumScorps app