Enough Judging Conspiracy Theories

3 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

No. To be more precise you stated " most " above", not " many ".

Thanks again for misquoting me.  I said the following:

15 hours ago, DeusExGreenMachina said:

Many current judges should consider retiring.

15 hours ago, DeusExGreenMachina said:

A few older judges see this.  Most, however, don't.  This is, in my honest opinion, the main disconnect between the overall numbers and what the fans want to see rewarded.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DeusExGreenMachina said:

Apology accepted.  I didn't mean to offend as well.  Please accept mine as well.  

However, I will absolutely not offer explicit opinions as to whom in terms of judges that should retire.  That would be completely inappropriate especially for a public forum.

Bravo!  I've been thinking this with every time the question was asked.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Also, what about more females in the ranks of DCI ?  DCI had no females judging Finals. DCI has few Corps Directors, few Show Designers, few on Corps BOD's, few in executive positions of DCI,  none in the broadcast booth. The guys are all interviewing other guy Show designers up in the booth every year, every broadcast. Does DCI recognize the progressive things that have happened over the last 35 years in the cultural, social, work day world ... at ALL?  So what exactly " progressiveism do you have in mind ? Where are the judges that are female ?... The DCI judging ranks an " Old Boy " network, is it not ?

Not sure how to respond to this.  You have a good point.  I have no power over this.  The best thing to do is trial judge regardless of your age and gender.  We need skilled people.

• Like 1

Just now, DeusExGreenMachina said:

Thanks again for misquoting me.  I said the following:

You are telling us that DCI has too many " older judges ". While I may agree with you on the need for NEW judges, your complaint about the judges is filled with the classic " ageism ", here, and thats a bit too discriminatory for my personal tastes. Besides, most of the DCI Show Designers are not young pups, and the judges seem to me to be rewarding " progressive " designs each and every season, as near as I can tell. I agree with you that DCI could use some more new judges. DCI has been incorporating the new judges into their ranks... have you noticed at all ?

4 minutes ago, DeusExGreenMachina said:

Not sure how to respond to this.  You have a good point.  I have no power over this.  The best thing to do is trial judge regardless of your age and gender.  We need skilled people.

Diversity is always good.

10 minutes ago, DeusExGreenMachina said:

Not sure how to respond to this.  You have a good point.  

Take a stab at it. You did with the " age " issue. Why not take a critical eye at the gender issue simultaneously then, if you are looking at the " age " issue in the DCI ranks and are calling for " new judges " in the ranks there.

Edited by BRASSO

Just now, BRASSO said:

I agree with you that DCI could use some more new judges. DCI has been incorporating the new judges into their ranks... have you noticed at all ?

Yes.  I judge with them.

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

You are telling us that DCI has too many " older judges ". While I may agree with you on the need for NEW judges, your complaint about the judges is filled with the classic " ageism ", here, and thats a bit too discriminatory for my personal tastes.

Didn't mean to offend.  However, I implore you to run some numbers.  The trends with some judges who have been with the activity for a long time can provide some insight as to my argument.

6 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Take a stab at it. You did with the " age " issue. 

Sure.

I am trialing for a new caption.  My mentor is a veteran female.  She is definitely someone I do NOT want to retire and she has been involved in the activity for decades.  My other option, which I politely refused, is a male who has been involved in the activity for substantially less time.

6 minutes ago, DeusExGreenMachina said:

Yes.  I judge with them.

Didn't mean to offend.  However, I implore you to run some numbers.  The trends with some judges who have been with the activity for a long time can provide some insight as to my argument.

Whst judges are you talking about here. Who are you referring to here ?

Edited by BRASSO

Just now, BRASSO said:

Whst judges are you talking about here. What are their names?

You didn't read the thread, did you?  I am not providing names.