Phantom's last 10 sec's of Finals show.....

OK folks, I am sure that all of the Regiment fan's (And other's) that have seen DCI.org's 'video clip' of Sats Finals performance of Regiment, and you cannot hear/make out what PR is playing in the new closer, with kick-out, as the crowd is absolutely wild!! I Have listened to this clip over & over, and actuually used a equalizer and STILL cannot make out the chords

Anyone, NIkk P., other's that were there (In OrLando) know what this is? Is it the last 4 bars of the closer played over? Is it poss the theme of Cannon (The 6 note chord) ?

I gotta know, and DVD's, CD'S are a light year away!!!

Music major's, arrangers, give it to me in whatever terms you can

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK folks, I am sure that all of the Regiment fan's (And other's) that have seen DCI.org's 'video clip' of Sats Finals performance of Regiment, and you cannot hear/make out what PR is playing in the new closer, with kick-out, as the crowd is absolutely wild!! I Have listened to this clip over & over, and actuually used a equalizer and STILL cannot make out the chords

Anyone, NIkk P., other's that were there (In OrLando) know what this is? Is it the last 4 bars of the closer played over? Is it poss the theme of Cannon (The 6 note chord) ?

I gotta know, and DVD's, CD'S are a light year away!!!

Music major's, arrangers, give it to me in whatever terms you can

A bad-as5 unresolved chord that goes on longer than it should....but somehow fits PERFECTLY. :P

It was a great ending.

Thank's TSAR NIkk

Nikk U RULE!!! (As always)

Wonder how they'll (DCI - audio editors) Resolve the crisis of the crowd noise!!!! Can't wait to hear it!!!

DVD' & CD'S already ordered!!!

I hope they keep the crowd response drowning out the horn line. That is one of the greatest endings to a show I have ever watched.

Mom

Secret Phantom Phan

It was a 24 count white chord of E, G, C.. the last 8 counts the buicks go up a 5th. I couldn't even hear it... what a crowd!

I was in the front of the block blasting, and I could barely hear it, lol - brought tears to this age-outs eyes

SUTA to ya'll for recognizing that last component not on the judeges sheet - heart.

The DVD shouldn't have the crowd drowning out the corps, because the video on the website was made by the dci.org crew with their own camera and is completely different than the DVD.

for those last 10 seconds....i dont want DCI to lower the crowd volume! i want to hear the crowd going psycho, and maybe a little of the corps! ala Madison 1995, but to a new extreme! the crowd ate that up!!

did they do that for quarters/semis too? or just finals

Specifically, it was 8 counts of percussion to set up the wedge and the leg-kick, then 24 counts of a Bb Major chord (concert key) that kept inverting (changing notes amongst different parts) so that the chord kept opening up.

I was sitting in the first row on the 40 (staff section) and I can tell you that that was the loudest and most instantaneous S.O. I can ever recall. It was scary loud. I happened to glance over my shoulder (thinking it was just me) and noticed the people in the farthest-most sections of the highest point in the upper deck (like the negative 30 yard line) jumping up and down, arms extended, screaming and perhaps throwing babies. It was very very cool.

Thank you PR performing members for allowing all of us who were fortunate enough to be there to have this incredible memory to cherish forever. You are legendary.

Chris