The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

One of the comments.  

“Oh Yes, please, allow us continue to dredge up our dirty laundry as if 
it were some great cathartic. Thank you, for your true service to the 
drum corps community, not to mention it's potential funders, friends, 
parents and fans. 
As a board member, I would be ashamed to re visit this tragedy. 
Unfortunately, part of the responsibility rests with the board as well 
as the director.”

oh the irony is not lost on me. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

One of the comments.  

“Oh Yes, please, allow us continue to dredge up our dirty laundry as if 
it were some great cathartic. Thank you, for your true service to the 
drum corps community, not to mention it's potential funders, friends, 
parents and fans. 
As a board member, I would be ashamed to re visit this tragedy. 
Unfortunately, part of the responsibility rests with the board as well 
as the director.”

oh the irony is not lost on me, 

Hmmmm I wonder which organization this guy was a board member of. Interesting isn’t it? 

Edited by Jim Schehr
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

One of the comments.

[...]

Of the six comments from that 1996 discussion, that's the only one that even comes close to defending the guilty, sort of. The others express shock or anger at what the offender did. Thanks for the information, though.

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Of the six comments from that 1996 discussion, that's the only one that even comes close to defending the guilty, sort of. The others express shock or anger at what the offender did. Thanks for the information, though.

I didn’t say they all did but the one that did was very telling. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

We were fighting this fight way before the GH allegations came about. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Archer&Seamus202.jpg

maybe a bow an arrow is what Dan  Acheson needed  under his xmas tree this past December in retrospect, N.E. brigand.... lol

22 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m going to send a link to you that Jim sent to all those people.  Doesn’t anyone know about why the Capitolaires went away? 

Thanks Terri... got it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Earlier, when the story broke in the Phily inquirer I assumed that DCI was notified to some extent at least about these alegations.  maybe not all the gory details, but at least that it was big and bad. DCI 's initial press release stated they were made aware of these allegations ( their word ) " recently". Of course,  " recently " is undefined time line. I never really  " asserted " anything though on what DCI knew, nor when they knew it. I just assumed that YEA would not be so derelict in their duties to not comply with their DCI reporting requirements, especially on a matter of sexual abuse allegations that Dan Acheson says he takes " quite seriously " in his role as the Executive Director of DCI.  Today, we got some more info, and the " recently " was clarified to mean " when you all read in in the newspapers ". Well, that sure turns the heat up on those on the YEA BOD big time we'd have to assume with Dan A , out in Indy. All this said, lots of people were hearing rumors back in the fall, early winter that GH was involved in some bad stuff relating to bad behaviors of a sexual nature. Got to believe that back during the holidays, Dan Acheson was not living under a rock out there in Indy. Got to assume that he knew something along these lines was up. I did. Still do. But.. who knows.

again...knowing full details or not, people knew. it was the after hours talk of the Januals. i was messaged in multiple ways about it before people starting getting on the planes to leave Indy

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

and Speakman saying it needed to stay underground

• Thanks 3