The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

9 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

IMO it’s hard to believe Dan wasn’t aware. I was made aware of the allegations through the grapevine so to speak and I certainly don’t work at DCI. 

I sent an email to DCI’s attention about a known nationally registered child sex offender involved with an organization and never received a response or acknowledgement.

Sent an email about the lack of security at Lucas Oil Stadium too. Never received a response or acknowledgement. When I see people wearing an all-access badge pulling luggage inside the stadium and never being screened and/or checked for explosives, I become concerned. Put that’s a separate issue and I don’t want to drift off topic. 

So yeah I believe that all of DCI - Dan included have become complacent. Either lead or get the out of the way. DCI’s response to this abuse was like - oh we’re sorry we left the barn door open better close it now. Incompetent comes to mind.

You sent emails to DCI, DCA, and all the corps directors in DCA about the sex offender in 2013.  Five years ago.  What we got in return were threats and cease and desist orders.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Kyle B said:

Honest to god, will the both of you knock it off!  TAKE IT PRIVATE.  We don't want to read your nonsense!   

!  

Ok kyle.. calm down... lol!... Are you in a committee or something, re" we ". garfield and me will be fine.... lol!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Kyle B said:

Honest to god, will the both of you knock it off!  TAKE IT PRIVATE.  We don't want to read your nonsense!   Or are the two of you just trying to run up your post count?

I've heard of making a mountain of a molehill, but you've probably wasted enough of everyone's time who is trying to read up on current news regarding this situation bickering back and forth over a detail that you two would rather debate then just asking DCI themselves!  

It's not that the topic you both are discussing isn't important...but either discuss this in private or make a new thread devoted to that.  It would already be at 5 pages already!  

Speak for yourself. Some of us have live vicariously through others drama. I'm living for it!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mingusmonk said:

Please Lord. No. Just when they had stopped bickering about this. No!

7 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Ok kyle.. calm down... lol!... Are you in a committee or something, re" we ". garfield and me will be fine.... lol!

Seems I'm not the only one.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

You sent emails to DCI, DCA, and all the corps directors in DCA about the sex offender in 2013.  Five years ago.  What we got in return were threats and cease and desist orders.  

If you and Jim do have one or more cease-and-desist letter from someone at DCA, DCI and/or a corps responding to your informing them about a sex offender, why not scan it and share it here?

That wouldn't be just a rumor. That would be documentary evidence of corps covering up and alleged crime. That's important!

(But if you can't prove that the person in question is a sex offender, you should black out the name if it's mentioned in the letter(s).)

45 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

IMO it’s hard to believe Dan wasn’t aware. I was made aware of the allegations through the grapevine so to speak and I certainly don’t work at DCI. 

Yes.. Not sure how much he knew,.. in details, and the extent of GH's bad stuff, Jim, but if we all here were hearing stuff back when we decorated the christmas trees and what not, its hard to believe that Dan Archerson at DCI was completely out of the loop at what was going on within a DCI that he is the Executive Director of. If he was completely out of loop on this thru the holidays, and into the spring, then I suppose that really doesn't say much about his ability to know whats up in DCI thats of a " serious matter ". Also, being out of the loop on whats happening in DCI is as much a head scratcher as perhaps knowing stuff and not really out front on this to not have this runaway train have to enter all the national media's train tracks where the heaping poo arrived and got unloaded  there. I suppose in time we'll all learn who knew what, when, and what they did, did not do. But to have this all go national like this is a DCI PR disaster unlike any we've ever seen before in DCI history. Maybe in time DCI will be better for all this, but right now, the situation is pretty bad in terms of institutional control failures, no matter the warm and fuzzy words we are hearing now about the promise  to do better next time.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

[...] its hard to believe that Dan Archerson at DCI was completely out of the loop [...]

Archer&Seamus202.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

If you and Jim do have one or more cease-and-desist letter from someone at DCA, DCI and/or a corps responding to your informing them about a sex offender, why not scan it and share it here?

That wouldn't be just a rumor. That would be documentary evidence of corps covering up and alleged crime. That's important!

(But if you can't prove that the person in question is a sex offender, you should black out the name if it's mentioned in the letter(s).)

Our attorney handled it for us. The individual left the organization. Amazing what absolute truth as a defense can do. However the counter suit for all of the organizations assets helped too. 

Edited by Jim Schehr
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Yes.. Not sure how much he knew,.. in details, and the extent of GH's bad stuff, Terri, but if we all here were hearing stuff back when we decorated the christmas trees and what not, its hard to believe that Dan Archerson at DCI was completely out of the loop at what was going on within a DCI that he is the Executive Director of. If he was completely out of loop on this thru the holidays, and into the spring, then I suppose that really doesn't say much about his ability to know whats up in DCI thats of a " serious matter ". Also, being out of the loop on whats happening in DCI is as much a head scratcher as perhaps knowing stuff and not really out front on this to not have this runaway train have to enter all the national media's train tracks where the goods got unloaded  there. I suppose in time we'll all learn who knew what, when, and what they did, did not do. But to have this all go national like this is a DCI PR disaster unlike any we've ever seen before in DCI history. Maybe in time DCI will be better for all this, but right now, the situation is pretty bad in terms of institutional control failures, no matter the warm and fuzzy words we are hearing now about " doing better " next time.

I’m going to send a link to you that Jim sent to all those people.  Doesn’t anyone know about why the Capitolaires went away? 

• Like 1