Update from the Philadelphia Inquirer

13 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

If so he has hitched his wagon to the wrong star and is in danger of going down with Morrison 

Isn't Morrison his boss? Doesn't the director answer to the board? Who would Acheson report Morrison to?

49 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Is Dan Acheson's reluctance to speak with reporters due in part to guidance he's been receiving from DCI's chair?

My guess,  its more apt to be the DCI Attorney's advice to Dan Acheson. However, given the new info we have learned in the last 24 hours on Fred Morrison, it certainly is at least plausable that the position of  Dan A to  apparently adopt a  new policy to no longer speak to reporters ( on this issue anyway ) came from Fred Morrison and his DCI BOD out there in Indy.

Edited by BRASSO

41 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Is Dan Acheson's reluctance to speak with reporters due in part to guidance he's been receiving from DCI's chair?

Dan is trying to keep the only livelihood he has ever known. This is really nothing more than a CYA reactive approach to an issue that has been going on for years. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

There are only so many hits an activity the size of Drum Corps can take.  

When faced with adversity, an organization has ultimately 3 choices:  (1) Adapt, (2) Migrate, or (3) Die

In a related scandal, MSU just settled w/ Nassar victims for $500M

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/16/us/larry-nassar-michigan-state-settlement.html

Pretty much 

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

I guess what many people want to know is :... is  DCI really serious about providing a safer environment for its youth in the future ? Or is it mere words and lip service at the moment ? I suppose only time will tell.

People are in CYA mode all trying to protect the only livelihood some have ever known. Call them drum corps bums or whatever, they’re not going to go away easily even after stepping in a pile of crap. 

Edited by Jim Schehr

7 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

Dan is trying to keep the only livelihood he has ever known. This is really nothing more than a CYA reactive approach to an issue that has been going on for years. 

I like Dan but he’s stepped in a big pile of you know what. 

20 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

Just as it's true that affirming one's Fifth Amendment rights is not proof of one's guilt--and is the smart move (you should never, ever, ever talk to law enforcement if you are the subject of an investigation), because even innocent people can make mistakes and make themselves look guilty, likewise there are real risks in speaking to the press. That said, there are also real risks in not speaking to the press.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I like Dan but he’s stepped in a big pile of you know what. 

Theres the wise old advice... " don't stand for too long beside a guy that smells of B.O.  You might be very clean, but that stench is just bound get on you and make you stink too ". 

• Haha 1