Update from the Philadelphia Inquirer

5 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

No argument there. However, when faced with what could be a moment that defines whether the activity as a whole will survive, maybe it's time to make that change and give the oversight authority needed to the executive director of dci. 

There are only so many hits an activity the size of Drum Corps can take.  

When faced with adversity, an organization has ultimately 3 choices:  (1) Adapt, (2) Migrate, or (3) Die

In a related scandal, MSU just settled w/ Nassar victims for $500M

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/16/us/larry-nassar-michigan-state-settlement.html

• Like 1

I'm sorry to dwell on this, but ...  the guy who allowed a predator to be his assistant corps director; the guy who apparently didn't find it necessary to inform the MMs or parents of this fact; the guy who didn't act until the Philadelphia Inquirer apparently shamed him into it; is also the chairman of DCI's Board of Directors?  The man we are supposed to trust to lead drum corps out of this?  How amazingly tone deaf and flat out stupid. Why isn't Morrison gone?  Today. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, MusicManNJ said:

I do not think it is a contradiction (although it could be). Morrison said he had resigned effective May 1. I had heard about this coming back in April. The question is when did the genesis director speak to Moody. That is what we do not know. 

itKBn8M.png

Although it is possible that Joel was lying. To save face. To prevent news from getting out before xmen communicated. Or something.

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Eleran said:

PS - anyone can also report online any ethical issues you feel need to be raised directly to DCI.   Hint, hint.

Yeah. You know, if they haven't figured this out all on their own by now, we're in a world of hurt. 

20 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

itKBn8M.png

Although it is possible that Joel was lying. To save face. To prevent news from getting out before xmen communicated. Or something.

It is also possible Morrison is lying about Moody resigning or quitting or whatever May 1.  Perhaps it only happened last week, when the heat started to get turned up by my now-favorite newspaper reporter. 

17 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

itKBn8M.png

Yes, and Nadolny had already written that much in her article:

"Moody, 39, who also did not respond to repeated interview requests, last week told the director of a nearby corps he plans to be on tour this summer, per usual."

4 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

I'm sure she would pick up a lot of intelligence sitting by me:  "I can't feel my butt".  "Do you smell something?  Someone needs deodorant."  "Could the emoting look any more forced?"  "Could they squeeze any more people in this row?"

I even bought TWO tickets to try and solve this problem....nope!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

itKBn8M.png

Then there should have been NOTICE May 1st...not now...very suspect!

Besides corps directors or assistants RARELY resign/quit just before ST.

Edited by Liahona