Update from the Philadelphia Inquirer

2 hours ago, garfield said:

A drummer.

Well, THAT will be a problem!

:innocent:

no, a percussionist

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fahox said:

I am not a regular here on DCP, I sometimes read, but rarely post,  in the 15 years I've been a member, I probably haven't posted more than a dozen times.  I am a drum corps participant from the late 60's, early 70's, not connected, not involved in the background, just a fan.  That being said, I have a question.  If I read correctly,  wasn't one of the concerns from the Cadets issue that these women felt they had no where to go to voice their concerns because Hopkins controlled the bod?   Well, if Morrison is the corps director and the ED of Crossmen Productions, where does anyone go to report abuse? I thought I saw a handful of remarks by female staffers at Crossmen stating they were uncomfortable around this guy, but didn't say anything because they didn't feel Morrison would do anything?   If Morrison is the corps director and the ED of the bod, doesn't he have the same control over Crossmen that Hopkins had at yea?  Except for the fact that Morrison is well liked and Hopkins is obviously not well liked,  what am I missing here?

you pretty much hit it spot on

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Politics are indeed verboten here, but to be fair to Jeff, there's nothing expressly political about the case he cited as a comparison:

True.. and for context, Jeff above was referring to the " right wing state of Texas ", that drew a reply to THAT caricature brought into this. George Hopkins, nor any of the other resignations in DCI,  their political party affiliations ( for example ) would  likewise not be relevant to any of this. " right wing ".. " left wing "... centrist wing "... " no wing"..... all essentially irrelevant, imo. Its a minor point, imo.. but needed to be pointed out, thats all.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Thanks! I had no idea of the history. The change is better, if not perfect. Of course, in that policy...Moody WAS the Asst Director I think. 

You're welcome. You're also correct.

1 hour ago, DCIat14 said:

Again I would ask - is this reporter ever going to do a positive story about Drum Corps?  I absolutely value and respect those who have come forward and the changes being made, but she seems to be on a smear mission with no interest in showing the other aspect of drum corps.  These types of issues need attention and need reporting absolutely, but Drum Corps is more than just this...

she has done things to show how YEA has taken steps to right the wrongs, and just today tweeted out the DCI policy story with a link.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bullethead said:

This is the previous policy that was posted/in place until just last week:

Staff/Member Relations: The relationship between teacher and student is central to the mission of the Crossmen. Non-professional ties between the staff member and student are not permitted. Consensual sexual relations between teacher and student/Crossmen member are inappropriate and are not tolerated. Crossmen Productions prohibits any sexual relations between a teacher and a student/Crossmen member. This includes, but is not limited to: inappropriate physical contact, non-professional messaging/texting, inappropriate dialogue and ‘sexting.’ Staff members may not meet with students alone in a closed setting. Staff members should have another staff member present when meeting with a student privately. Any employee, volunteer, or student knowingly violating this policy is subject to disciplinary action, which may include reprimand, suspension, or dismissal. Reporting Incidents: If sexual harassment is evident, it is your responsibility to report said activity. The procedure for reporting of incidents is to notify the Executive Director or Corps Director. In the event of the absence of the Executive Director or 12 Corps Director, please report to the Assistant Corps Director. Appropriate action is taken dependent on the details of the incident.

Perhaps this explains why people weren't comfortable bringing any issues up.

You can still see the previous archived version for yourself:

http://www.crossmen.org/download/2018%20Staff%20Handbook%20&%20Policies%20-%20Website.pdf?inline

oh yeah that shows a lot right there.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Politics are indeed verboten here, but to be fair to Jeff, there's nothing expressly political about the case he cited as a comparison:

A senior manager makes repeated sexualized comments to an employee. She complains. He fires her. She sues. The company settles for $84,000. Shareholders (i.e., you and me) only learn about the whole case years later when it appears in the press. Another employee alleges similar behavior by the manager. The manager announces he will retire in a year. He also promises to pay back the company for the settlement. Three months later he resigns. Then he immediately gets a job for another company, one that regularly does business with his old firm: he's hired because of his many contacts at his former employer, whose decision-making his new boss is counting on him to influence. And then he says he won't pay back the settlement after all.

There are a several points in that affair that are reminiscent of DCI's scandals.

#### facts

53 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

Please define - in a factual way - what it is that Mr. Morrison did that is a CRIMINAL (your word) offense if you are so certain you know what you are talking about.

I thought he was referring to Moody.