Stanford, CA - June 23, 2018

16 minutes ago, wesleyrp said:

Ok BD 2017 was epic so most shows won’t compare no matter what, but.... This show while displaying the usually BD level of near perfect is no where near as cohesive a product as a year ago. Just in design and construction/pacing SCV, Bluecoats and Crown all have better products. This feels more like a modern version of the late 90s BD which I like but it’s just missing the emotional factor we’ve seen of late, can’t put my finger on it.

Emotions the one thing it does have 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NakedEye said:

I think a lot of those saying this BD is “no 2017” are comparing this June product to last year’s August. Metamorph was skeletal way past the halfway point of the season. 

To me this show feels way more fleshed out already than where they were last year. Now it needs focusing and improved transitions, and of course a lot of gap filling.

Entertainment wise, it is off the charts! This and Bloo are going to be crowd favorites.

For me it’s just that I can still hum the 2017 ballad and I haven’t watched the show in a year. This year didn’t seem like it had that same potential for melody. We’ll see though.

From my favorite drum corps show of all time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

For me it’s just that I can still hum the 2017 ballad and I haven’t watched the show in a year. This year didn’t seem like it had that same potential for melody. We’ll see though.

Well, I think most people already know the 2018 ballad, which may give it an unfair advantage.

Just now, NakedEye said:

I think a lot of those saying this BD is “no 2017” are comparing this June product to last year’s August. Metamorph was skeletal way past the halfway point of the season. 

To me this show feels way more fleshed out already than where they were last year. Now it needs focusing and improved transitions, and of course a lot of gap filling.

Entertainment wise, it is off the charts! This and Bloo are going to be crowd favorites.

Not true- definitely not comparing August corps to June corps... 

For me it was that even in skeletal form the Metamorph show in June felt cohesive... there was emotional substance to grab on to... I just heard BD 10 min ago and I can not tell you one memorable thing programmaticly that they did...  

at this time a year ago it was obvious there was something special brewing.. BD is performing so well and is super enjoyable to listen to, just so many great Corps in contention, not sure the meat and potatoes are enough to start with is all I’m saying. I could be wrong and that’s the way it normally is, but hmm something not connecting with me at least.

• Like 1

Just now, hughesmr said:

SCV even looks small in a standstill concert arc.  Somebody count the bodies for me

1:1 intervals

Can't remember seeing BD's guard with so much missing flag work during this week of the season.  Seemed like nearly half the show was missing.

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

From my favorite drum corps show of all time.

I was on the 10 yard line that night during awards