Mason, OH - June 25, 2018

Drum line is MUCH improved, and they're doing a lot of movement to go with their playing.

Snare line, VERY impressive feature.

• Like 2

You know, I thought that was trombones on a glissando, but it was baritones doing a pitch bend. Well done!

And now Crown horns do what Crown horns do best.

• Like 1

Trumpets just rang on that last chord!

1 minute ago, 777hornman said:

Not sure about The Cadets but Possibly Blue Knights overtake them by August. 

LOL, yeah, might be a bit much, like to see them get back on their feet though :)

1 hour ago, Barneveld said:

Is this the show that replaced the one that was organized by the DCP poster known as garfield?

No, Mason was a substitute for Hamilton. For the past several years, DCI in Ohio has meant (1) Akron/Massillon, (2) Hamilton, (3) Dublin, (4) Centerville, (5) Avon Lake (open class), and (6) Massillon. A few years ago there was also a Bowling Green show early in the season.

I think DCI's 2018 schedule at some point showed a generic "central Ohio" event listed as a replacement for the Emerald City Music Games, but apparently that fell through.

18 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

I note they ditched the head bands in the corps uniform.

a move in the right direction imo! Hoping for more tweeks to this uniform............everyone wants this talent to succeed, let's hope their threads improve.

Just now, N.E. Brigand said:

No, Mason was a substitute for Hamilton. For the past several years, DCI in Ohio has meant (1) Akron/Massillon, (2) Hamilton, (3) Dublin, (4) Centerville, (5) Avon Lake (open class), and (6) Massillon. A few years ago there was also a Bowling Green show early in the season.

I think DCI's 2018 schedule at some point showed a generic "central Ohio" event listed as a replacement for the Emerald City Music Games, but apparently that fell through.

RIP Glassmen showcases \^/

• Like 1

Horn line is as powerful as ever, but now it's time for one of the most beautiful ballads of the summer.