2018 Top 12

Nicely thought out Jake. It would be so COOL to see Mandarins ( I say Top 10) and it would be quite sweet to see THE ACADEMY join them, among the Top 12. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CorpsRelic said:

Nicely thought out Jake. It would be so COOL to see Mandarins ( I say Top 10) and it would be quite sweet to see THE ACADEMY join them, among the Top 12. 

Agreed on the Mandarins, but I'd rather see Colts join them.  Both I'd say are plausible. (biased, I know)

:D

Since it's still an off day, Go Red Sox, here's a BAC trivia question.  For many years, usually before Boston begins their show in person and on DCP, "Eat  'Em Up Boston" is shouted out or typed.  Who is the person who first yelled this out, what year, and in what city?  (The PM offering the largest bank check will get the answer.  And if this happens, we'll have to wait at least for a week for the answer, unless someone replies correctly soon. )

Edited by Ghost

8 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I'm hoping for one of the corps who hasn't performed yet to surprise us. Last year, Mandarins jumped from 17th to 13th and Boston jumped from 12th to 6th. So let's see a big move, or at least a good scare for this year's top 15, from Spirit of Atlanta or Oregon Crusaders or Pacific Crest or Jersey Surf or Music City or Cascades.

I think it's going to be Spirit Honestly. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Since it's still an off day, Go Red Sox, here's a BAC trivia question.  For many years, usually before Boston begins their show in person and on DCP, "Eat  'Em Up Boston" is shouted out or typed.  Who is the person who first yelled this out, what year, and in what city?  (The PM offering the largest bank check will get the answer.  And if this happens, we'll have to wait at least for a week for the answer, unless someone replies correctly soon. )

mods....move to BAC thread. It's a Chris Holland set-up, ha, ha.

2 hours ago, goodmello said:

Agreed on the Mandarins, but I'd rather see Colts join them.  Both I'd say are plausible. (biased, I know)

:D

But honestly, it's really not improbable ---- Colts have a rock solid show lined up that, to my ear, offers up a LOT more meat than some of the safer books they've played in the past. I don't "get" any of the show, but I don't know if I have to...it all works really well together without having to interpret a direct meaning, whether they intend for you to or not. 

PS can someone please start a Colts 2018 thread?! I'd love to give off plethoras of compliments but have nowhere to do it!

4 minutes ago, Jake W. said:

But honestly, it's really not improbable ---- Colts have a rock solid show lined up that, to my ear, offers up a LOT more meat than some of the safer books they've played in the past. I don't "get" any of the show, but I don't know if I have to...it all works really well together without having to interpret a direct meaning, whether they intend for you to or not. 

PS can someone please start a Colts 2018 thread?! I'd love to give off plethoras of compliments but have nowhere to do it!

Done

8 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

So the answer is that in your opinion it is not decided. 

8 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

So the answer is that in your opinion it is not decided. 

always in motion the future is

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ftwdrummer said:

Running through last year's top 12:

BD hasn't dropped.
Neither has Vanguard.
Crown dropped in...2002, I want to say? correct
Not sure if Cavies dropped in the 70s or not.73 and 78 i think
Bluecoats dropped in the 90s, IIRC. 99
Boston has stayed up (by the skin of their teeth, in one case).
Pretty sure Cadets were up and down in the 70s. in 75 and 77, out the rest
BK dropped in 2001/2002. and 05
Phantom has stayed up.
Blue Stars definitely dropped between the 70s and 2008.
Xmen have dropped.
So have Madison.

So I'm going to say BD, Vanguard, Boston, Phantom, and (obviously) Star.