Clifton, NJ - July 5, 2018

22 minutes ago, OhioBoy_99 said:

and Boston closing that gap on Crown from 2.7 to 1.4 points to date. 

Since June 21st, yes, but they were 1.1 back on 7-1 and 1.2 back on 7-2.  Only 1.4 back on CC and 1.65 back of BC at this point in the season is fantastic.  Might be the closest Boston has been to those two corps in about ten years.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, rydrmr9 said:

Great job for Spirit breaking 70!! They didn't break 70 last season until the San Antonio Regional on 7/22/17 So happy and proud of my corps! <(

Indeed. Good week for them. Entertaining show too, as audiences appeared to respond favorably to their show when they came to New England.

• Like 1

Crown seemed a bit off tonight. I clearly saw one member (brass) that was in the wrong place in a form, and quite visibly turned his head and slowly moved to where he was supposed to be when everyone else was stationary. I mean if members at the end of a curve were supposed to be  S1 S2 S3 S4 at 3 step intervals, this guy was supposed to be S2 but he ended up between S3 and S4 instead of between S1 and S3.. The trombone feature when they start rocking the big prob not quite together either.. but still love the show. Night and day vs. the theater.

First time seeing Cadets this year, thought it was ok. Too many sound effects for my liking, but the brass sounded great when they played, and I really like the effect they get when they turn backfield and are all black. Wind was wreaking havoc with some flags though.

For as much as I dislike narration and singing, the singer for the Bluecoats is just wonderful and fits the show perfectly.

And not to rain on anyone's parade, the BD last show was on the 2nd, and their next one is Saturday.  They have a very good history of gaining points after that much time off to rehearse into the night.  Sure, they're heading up to MN, but they still have full days of practice.  Oh yeah, SCV's been off since the 1st with their next show tomorrow.

Dam, this year can't get any better can it?

3 hours ago, Liahona said:

I'm getting myself in trouble... dix tell me to take high road... I just ripped into that woman who was making excuses for gh behavior... I may be thrown out now...

posted from the DrumScorps app

hell someone i know saw him walking in town here the other day....beeped and flipped him off

2 hours ago, Barneveld said:

How was attendance tonight? I hope better than the show in Allentown.

saw some pictures on facebook...pretty packed. think the place holds 4500

2 hours ago, cfirwin3 said:

That's the 2nd place winner theory in a partial microcosm example.

The idea that with multiple contenders swapping captions... a group could theoretically win while not outright winning any captions.

It pays to be consistent and balanced...

Crown is certainly both.

Happened in 91 with Star, I think.

4 hours ago, Ghost said:

Are you wearing a non Cadets shirt?

I guess it didn't help that I was dressed in BAC regalia...