Is there a double standard in acceptable show design past to present?

3 minutes ago, BigW said:

Pursuit of the Higher Art! Heck... what fascinates me is how such a simple premise as "Tilt" was both artistic, and so accessible and well-loved. Proof it can be done.

even Felini or Ink....you didnt need to be a Felini fan to get it. i know many years I watch Blue Knights and say "that was cool , but what the hell did I just watch?"

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

even Felini or Ink....you didnt need to be a Felini fan to get it. i know many years I watch Blue Knights and say "that was cool , but what the hell did I just watch?"

The Fellini show was elegant and gorgeous, and you didn't need to watch his movies to get the vibe, quite true. Though it was obvious the design staff did serious homework.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Oh man... totally agree.   I didn't care what those BD show themes were... it was just great drum corps.

And BK??? Might be the most consistently "way out there" drum corps in history.  :tongue: I give them a lot of credit for sticking to their guns, though.

Edited by Fran Haring

29 minutes ago, BigW said:

The Fellini show was elegant and gorgeous, and you didn't need to watch his movies to get the vibe, quite true. Though it was obvious the design staff did serious homework.

They certainly did.  They even had the fool from La Strada walking the tightrope.  Quite a treat for us Fellini fans. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

They certainly did.  They even had the fool from La Strada walking the tightrope.  Quite a treat for us Fellini fans. 

And staying on the topic of this thread, i do recall a bit of some controversy regarding the colorguard uniforms for that show 

• Like 1