Sioux City, IA - July 10, 2018

45 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Congrats to Mandarins but 40 percent of the judges were in Stars worst caption.  Wish that it was full panels from July 4th on atleast.

True, no horn, drum, guard judges at this show.  Basically one judge tanked stars, out of a very partial panel

Edited by brians

38 minutes ago, SCVdrums said:

Overall, a great night for drum corps in Sioux City.

Sioux City was where I was first introduced to drum corps. My high school band director loaded a bunch of us up into the school suburban and took us there to Morningside College. That was back in the late 70's. 

Glad it was great tonight!

• Like 2

Just now, Ms.L said:

Sioux City was where I was first introduced to drum corps. My high school band director loaded a bunch of us up into the school suburban and took us there to Morningside College. That was back in the late 70's. 

Glad it was great tonight!

If it was ‘78, I was in the show. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Visual Proficiency 
Mandarins - 8.300 1 8.000 1 16.300 1

Stars - 7.800 2 7.200 2 15.000 2

That decided the whole spread!

It does, and what that judge is saying is that those two corps are on totally different levels from each other in that caption.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Just that one.  And then the Stars took GE and music. More points were to be lost on the music side. 

We get it... you're associated with the Blue Stars and obviously not happy with the results. Your corps has had partial panels multiple times this year, so not sure what the issue is, but it's one show, there are many more to come, so just let it go. 

Edited by CAtenhut
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 7

15 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Just that one.  And then the Stars took GE and music. More points were to be lost on the music side. 

You're such a downer. It was a good show tonight and the fans were rewarded with good performances tonight. We get that your disappointed, but you have enough tears to flood Houston again.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, brassboy said:

It does, and what that judge is saying is that those two corps are on totally different levels from each other in that caption.

That is so true. Their CG has been performing in the top 6 so spread could've been higher. 

• Like 2