Sioux City, IA - July 10, 2018

13 hours ago, brians said:

True, no horn, drum, guard judges at this show.  Basically one judge tanked stars, out of a very partial panel

We might be getting ahead of ourselves here. It's not out of the rhelm of possibility that the Mandarins would have beaten Blue Stars in Brass, Drums and Guard. They haven't been scored by those judges at the same show. The VP judge clearly stated that the Mandarins are on another level in that caption, so it's possible they would be in other non-judged captions as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

We might be getting ahead of ourselves here. It's not out of the rhelm of possibility that the Mandarins would have beaten Blue Stars in Brass, Drums and Guard. They haven't been scored by those judges at the same show. The VP judge clearly stated that the Mandarins are on another level in that caption, so it's possible they would be in other non-judged captions as well.

What does VP have to do with brass, guard, and percussion?

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

It doesn't, but I think the point was that at this point we can't make an assumption that Blue Stars definitely would have beaten Mandarins in brass, percussion, and/or guard, which is the implication made by those criticizing the partial panel and its potential effect on Mandarins' lead/win.

Edited by brassboy
  • Like 2

Congratulations, Mandarins; a corps with a long history and a great organization.

Ride the momentum and take no prisoners Do it up, kids and staff!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Is tonight a full panel with Crossmen in the Mix as well?

8 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Is tonight a full panel with Crossmen in the Mix as well?

In the Johnston thread, someone said that it IS a full panel tonight. And due to a heat advisory, they've pushed back the start time by 30 minutes and eliminated the intermission, so Mandarins and Crossmen will actually be going on back-to-back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Thanks can't wait till every show is streamed some rock groups do that now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Nothing. What I was saying is we can't just make the assumption that Blue Stars would have beaten Mandarins in drums, brass and guard. They haven't been judged by judges specific to those captions at the same show. And, the captions that Blue Stars did beat Mandarins, they were very close behind, so those could flip on any given night.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Nothing. What I was saying is we can't just make the assumption that Blue Stars would have beaten Mandarins in drums, brass and guard. They haven't been judged by judges specific to those captions at the same show. And, the captions that Blue Stars did beat Mandarins, they were very close behind, so those could flip on any given night.

Well technically I can assume that, but you can choose to disagree with me about it!