Mustang, OK 24 July 2018

14 minutes ago, karuna said:

Have they beaten the Cavies head to head?  

They've competed against each other directly 6 times this season and Cavs came.out on top all 6 times, ranging from almost 3 points to .2 or so in San An. 

Boston will have another shot come Friday in Murfreesboro and then again Saturday in Atlanta. I.think they might do it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

I highly doubt BAC is coming for Crown.

They might catch Cavs. But Crown got 4th locked up.

Hmmm... read similar to this in 2016 when at the 7/30th Atlanta Regional Boston was in 14th place and 3.025 points out of 12th.  The 12th place Corps was supposedly " all locked up " for a Finals spot. Boston made up those more than 3 points. ( 3.4 ) in just 13 days. Boston is... what..... 1.4 points now from Crown ?  And so its " locked up " with that spread ?   I wouldn't be so overly confident with this " all locked up " biz knowing Boston's history of coming on strong by Championships.. Fair to say Crown has the edge here ? Sure. But that its " all locked up "  now. No. I don't think so.... haha

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Think if you traveled in a time machine from 02 finals to now... The relative positions of:

- Cascades

- Crown

- Mandarins

- Scouts (you'd probably be surprised they're in a similar spot)

Crown doesn't surprise me. When I saw their Bellissimo show, I had a feeling they were gonna be the next big thing.

Cascades surprises me how far they've fallen.

They and Magic of Orlando were supposed to shake.things up. We see how that turned out.

BAC continues to close on the corps directly ahead of them...much like they did with Cadets in 17.  And me at we forget, they closed a 2.9 deficit in the last 10 days of 16.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

Hmmm... read similar to this in 2016 when at the 7/30th Atlanta Regional Boston was in 14th place and 3.025 points out of 12th.  The 12th place Corps was supposedly " all locked up " for a Finals spot. Boston made up those more than 3 points. ( 3.4 ) in just 13 days. Boston is... what..... 1.4 points now from Crown ?  And so its " locked up " with that spread ?   I wouldn't be so overly confident with this " locked up ", biz knowing Boston's history of finishing season's very strong.

I said highly doubt, not completely not gonna happen. But given how far Cavs are behind Crown, and how close Crown is behind BD and Bloo, it's obvious the judges have crown and bac in different tiers of competition. 

14th to 12th is.different than 6th to 4th. It's different because you're dealing with a lot higher level of competition. Cleaning things isn't going to help you overcome that spread because the next corps is cleaning just as well, and by this.point, you're starting to max out your program. Judges have crown as the corps that has more room.to.grow. BAC winning in guard and still way behind.

The only reason they were scored this close to.crown tonight was because Cavs weren't there. And neither was anyone else in their tier.

12 hours ago, karuna said:

(copied from reddit)

Venue

[Bronco Stadium,Mustang, OK(https://goo.gl/maps/4fwwyRBDjcs )

Schedule

All times CT and subject to change

• 7:30 Welcome & National Anthem
  • 7:42 Seattle Cascades - Seattle, WA
  • 7:59 Pioneer - Milwaukee, WI
  • 8:16 Jersey Surf - Camden County, NJ
  • 8:33 Madison Scouts - Madison, WI
  • 8:50 Intermission
  • 9:05 Mandarins - Sacramento, CA
  • 9:22 Carolina Crown - Fort Mill, SC
  • 9:39 Boston Crusaders - Boston, MA
  • 10:06 Scores Announced

Judges

• Ge1: C Moss
  • Ge2: J Denton
  • Vp: J Gilley
  • Va: P Madden
  • Cg: C Raichle
  • Brs: P Mcgarr
  • Ma: J Webb
  • Perc: M Griffin

Boston wins guard despite barely rehearsing due to bus issues. classic

3 minutes ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

I said highly doubt, not completely not gonna happen. 

I thought when you posted above  however that its " all locked up " that you meant.... well... " all locked up " as in " not gonna happen "

12 minutes ago, craiga said:

BAC continues to close on the corps directly ahead of them...much like they did with Cadets in 17.  And me at we forget, they closed a 2.9 deficit in the last 10 days of 16.

I’m not sure overtaking Hopkins era Cadets in the late season is the same thing as overtaking Crown.

Those Cadets were infamous for peaking in July 

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

I’m not sure overtaking Hopkins era Cadets in the late season is the same thing as overtaking Crown.

Those Cadets were infamous for making changes that killed the end of the season in July 

corrected

• Like 3
  • Haha 2