Which corps are getting the most "buzz" as we roll into finals 2018?

1 hour ago, Den8uml said:

1. Everyone is crying and in awe over SVC

2. Cavies and Boston are in a fight

3. Cadets are stealing the thunder late and surging  

That's funny, I never even noticed the Cadets, I was more focused on that fantastic Boston show and their surge past the Cavaliers but I think you're right, it looks like Boston is claiming that prestigious 5th spot like they own it. 

The question now is not "can Cavaliers catch Boston" but rather "can Cadets catch the Cavaliers?"

We don't yet have an overall winner.  I wonder who it will be?

Edited by wvu80

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

That's funny, I never even noticed the Cadets, I was more focused on that fantastic Boston show and their surge past the Cavaliers but I think you're right, it looks like Boston is claiming that prestigious 5th spot like they own it. 

The question now is not "can Cavaliers catch Boston" but rather "can Cadets catch the Cavaliers?"

Boston was 0.9 away from Crown a night or two ago. Not sure that they've settled into that 5th place spot for sure. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Boston was 0.9 away from Crown a night or two ago. Not sure that they've settled into that 5th place spot for sure. 

Wow, you're right, and good call!  I was at the Massilon show Monday and missed how close the scores were. 

I loved Boston's show and their hornline was incredible.  Crown is still my favorite brass line (haven't heard BD) but that Boston show is solid top to bottom.  They could absolutely catch Crown.

Wouldn't that be something.

• Like 2

The corps getting the most buzz is Mandarins.  The question of whether or not they will make finals has already been answered.  The excitement now centers around just how high they will place.  An 8th place finish is unlikely but not out of question..  I have a feeling that they will further delight us and unveil something to surprise the audience at either semi-finals or finals.  Mandarins are doing something so unique and original that it sets them apart from the rest of the top 12.  

Just imagine what this corps will do next year.  I can't wait.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PamahoNow said:

JW Koester

*ding* *ding* *ding*

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

Interesting Buzz: Open Class fans wanting SCVC and BDB to make the move to World Class.

I've heard that they can't because they are already attached to a World Class corps.  Does anyone know if that's true?  I guess they could carve-off into their own not-for-profit.

44 minutes ago, BlueStarsDad said:
1 hour ago, corps8294 said:

Interesting Buzz: Open Class fans wanting SCVC and BDB to make the move to World Class.

I've heard that they can't because they are already attached to a World Class corps.  Does anyone know if that's true?  I guess they could carve-off into their own not-for-profit.

I haven't heard that buzz and it is interesting, if not unlikely.

The main reason an Open Class corps is exactly that is because they have a limited travel schedule.  The cost of funding a national tour for two corps in the same organization would be prohibitive I'm guessing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cappybara said:

And Crown is nearly as close to Bloo as Boston is to Crown so there's that. Not sure the battle for 3rd is over.