2019 Madison Scouts!

On 9/22/2018 at 9:27 PM, HockeyDad said:

What do you mean?  This has been a slow moving train wreck several years in the making. X said it better than I can. A corps not working on a backup plan isn't being wise. 

look at the Cadets for example. For years they had people waiting to jump in if a change had to be made. Why do you think they were able to seat a new board so fast? Does Madison have any such planning going on behind the scenes? Also, do they have enough dirt to use to force a change? I know someone earlier said no change has been considered, i'll say hogwash from my sources....but no one was out there that was ready to jump in. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

look at the Cadets for example. For years they had people waiting to jump in if a change had to be made. Why do you think they were able to seat a new board so fast? Does Madison have any such planning going on behind the scenes? Also, do they have enough dirt to use to force a change? I know someone earlier said no change has been considered, i'll say hogwash from my sources....but no one was out there that was ready to jump in. 

Lack of competitive success is the basis for making a change. I don't think any dirt needs to be dug up. If the board of directors doesn't have people identified ready to jump in as you say, then they are part of the problem too. Just like Cadets without the sexual harassment charges. (So yeah, not just like Cadets, but yes, just like Cadets in terms of needing to replace the executive director, director, and apparently the board of directors). 

14 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Lack of competitive success is the basis for making a change. I don't think any dirt needs to be dug up. If the board of directors doesn't have people identified ready to jump in as you say, then they are part of the problem too. Just like Cadets without the sexual harassment charges. (So yeah, not just like Cadets, but yes, just like Cadets in terms of needing to replace the executive director, director, and apparently the board of directors). 

The question I have is,procedurally ,is there even a mechanism  to force either the BoD or Director out ?

For years people wanted to get GH out,but couldn't get anywhere.

Even when the problems with GH surfaced,the BoD resisted.

If, what was posted here was correct,it was only when they were faced with the collapse of

YEA that  the BoD relented.

Edited by rpbobcat
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Bluecoats missed finals in 1999.  Carolina Crown missed in 2002.  Blue Knights missed three times 2001-2003.  Blue Stars missed in 2012.  All of these corps made it back into finals, to stay.

What did they do?  They made changes to design and instructional staff, the people whose job it is to make the corps competitive.

What did they NOT do?  Panic and fire the administrative staff who kept the corps solvent, and under whose tenure the corps was a regular finalist in the first place.  Or oust the entire BOD.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Bluecoats missed finals in 1999.  Carolina Crown missed in 2002.  Blue Knights missed three times 2001-2003.  Blue Stars missed in 2012.  All of these corps made it back into finals, to stay.

What did they do?  They made changes to design and instructional staff, the people whose job it is to make the corps competitive.

What did they NOT do?  Panic and fire the administrative staff who kept the corps solvent, and under whose tenure the corps was a regular finalist in the first place.  Or oust the entire BOD.

This should not be a panic situation. It should be a well thought out rational decision that a new leadership team is needed. Unless 13th, 12th, and 16th place finishes the last three seasons are good enough, which all recent posters here except me seem to be saying. 

6 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

This should not be a panic situation. It should be a well thought out rational decision that a new leadership team is needed. Unless 13th, 12th, and 16th place finishes the last three seasons are good enough, which all recent posters here except me seem to be saying. 

They're overhauling the design and instructional staff with strong individuals, as well as more to be named I'm sure, so changes are being made. Are CK and DP still in charge, yes, but things are being done. Must you keep calling for the same thing. The BOD has decided to keep these 2 great men in their positions, so any further talk on that matter is simply beating the horse that you have already done, have you got a new record to put on, or will each and every post you make for the next year simply call for their removal? You're clearly not happy with anything the corps is doing, so why even bother yourself with this thread? Is it an ego thing? I simply don't understand your constant comment.

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

really? So Vicki at Colts, Bob at Surf, the guy at PC.....all of those guys should be fired too because they haven't made finals?

There's a lot more that goes into running a DCI World Class organization than just the score of 9-12 people depending on the show and size of the panel used. Obviously competitive placement had no effect on Pioneers status....how the kids were treated created the change. Same thing with the Cadets issues. Should Troop have fired Fred by 2011 when they hadn't made finals again after 2 years? Academy made it then didn't...fire that guy/girl ( sorry I cant think of their name).

Good Lord, BD didn't win! Thats it! Fire everyone!

You have a skewed perception of whats important when it comes to running a corps.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Sorry, I lost track.  Why, on this basis, are you not calling for the firing of all corps directors and BOD persons for Spirit, Academy, Colts, Troopers, Pacific Crest, Oregon Crusaders, Genesis, Jersey Surf, and the entire open class?  Their recent competitive records are no better, but for some reason, you only have a problem with that if it happens to the Madison Scouts.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

btw your profile pic...is that the guy OSU fired?

6 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

btw your profile pic...is that the guy OSU fired?

It's the UW Madison band director who is retiring at the end of the year.