Interesting occurrence at I&E this year

1 hour ago, garfield said:

If you think Friends is a DCI-apologist club, you should sit up with the rest of us and learn the real truth.  You'd be surprised to learn what is really said about DCI's workings.

Interesting- To me my close friends speak frankly in regards to myself and me to them... If that's the case with that group, all the better. I hope there's been some frank discussion and that its been seriously listened to. When people are concerned with ethics, and the well-being of the performers... I stop being a goof and get dead serious. It pales next to electronics, props and drill design. Take care of the members, the rest follows.

Edited by BigW
fixed an its/it's problem 8)
  • Like 1

So who are members and staff supposed to report to in DCI hierarchy if they do not want to go thru their  corps?

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So who are members and staff supposed to report to in DCI hierarchy if they do not want to go thru their  corps?

This is a great question, Jim.

I thought I would find a fairly clear and explicit path in this:

https://www.dci.org/news/dci-board-of-directors-updates-sweeping-code-of-conduct-ethics-guidelines

I find it a bit obfuscated. I hope someone can make it clearer to me as to what phone number, or an organization, or individual at DCI. It says yes, you report, but to who or what?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

JimF-LowBari I feel your pain. I have faith in the powers to be to solve these things. Everything has a measure and that is what I am missing. The end game is providing the MMs with a real time app, maybe it's monitored by a third party. Then the measure is, did all our hard work result in zero posting on Reddit or elsewhere. Anywhere that does not allow the powers to be to have a chance to react before it is an internet sensation. So far there is no measure or it hasn't been discussed here. Reddit is not your friend!

• Like 2

Point of contact outside the corps was my biggest issue when the first policy came out as it was lacking . For DoD training one of the slides has nothing but names, numbers and emails of top sexual harassment/abuse person in the agency and contacts outside the agency. And locations in the building have sasme info on signs and cards for your wallet. Bottom line if you can't contact the right people the protections are lacking.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Just now, skevinp said:

invent a torchfork

Thought there was a thread about that, some Guard Judge somewhere?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

JimF-LowBari I feel your pain. I have faith in the powers to be to solve these things. Everything has a measure and that is what I am missing. The end game is providing the MMs with a real time app, maybe it's monitored by a third party. Then the measure is, did all our hard work result in zero posting on Reddit or elsewhere. Anywhere that does not allow the powers to be to have a chance to react before it is an internet sensation. So far there is no measure or it hasn't been discussed here. Reddit is not your friend!

Like that app idea.. I work for the government and a cynic to boot. So my thoughts on powers that be are that they are human and humans bleep up. And yes if it hit Reddit that tells me members were unable or did not know how to go thru the proper channels to let DCI know. Reddit was last resort to get the word out

Edited by JimF-LowBari

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Like that app idea.. I work for the government and a cynic to boot. So my thoughts on powers that be are that they are human and humans bleep up. And yes if it hit Reddit that tells me members were unable or did not know how to go thru the proper channels to let DCI know. Reddit was last resort to get the word out

That's where these kids live. They type with their thumbs faster than I can think. I don't want to shock anyone but I don't like walls. Placing any barriers on how this is communicated back up the line will doom the program. Dci and the corps will be left with the mess. It's in my dummy collection. Public Relations for Dummies, don't let Reddit be a neon light or you will pay the price.  Quoting the first chapter.