Carolina Crown 2019

24 minutes ago, BWise said:

Yeah but IS the take away  ...  another year the design staff is just not delivering a show for the kids??? ... the GE scores are sticking ..  They are making lemonade out of lemons. While a better show than Beast and It is ... the show is hard to get visually excited about. And I am the biggest Crown fan out there. I don’t ask it be old Crown because BAC is marching the old Crown shows.. and the GE spread is not huge with them .. I don’t know crap about designing shows but there is clearly a visual GE issue. 3x now. CrownBrass whoa .. and overall music is incredible. I think Oboe is the best thing being played on the field. It is incredible live. 

Like you, I plead total & complete ignorance when it comes drill design. But for those that are tasked with putting a number on it, they have indicated once again, that whatever Crown’s been selling the last two or three years, they ain’t buyin’. 

Personally, I love ‘19’s production and will find it tough to sleep tonight as I’m only hours away from my one & only live viewing this year. At my age, safe to say I’m a CrownLIFER at this point.

But another year of great music without a compelling visual component—at least according to the numbers—is tough for some fans and unadulterated fodder for critics.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nsxanax said:

Like you, I plead total & complete ignorance when it comes drill design. But for those that are tasked with putting a number on it, they have indicated once again, that whatever Crown’s been selling the last two or three years, they ain’t buyin’. 

Personally, I love ‘19’s production and will find it tough to sleep tonight as I’m only hours away from my one & only live viewing this year. At my age, safe to say I’m a CrownLIFER at this point.

But another year of great music without a compelling visual component—at least according to the numbers—is tough for some fans and unadulterated fodder for critics.

Be excited. They show is really incredible live .. and you’re getting a home show. I’ll be stuck with Flo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

Like @BWise said, Crown's show is amazing live. As much as the judges don't seem to like it this year, it'll always be my favorite show this year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Like @BWise said, Crown's show is amazing live. As much as the judges don't seem to like it this year, it'll always be my favorite show this year.

AGREED!!!

• Like 4

I actually like the drill and think the choice of music is an issue.

Can not deny that hornline, but I wish they would have been given different source music.

They've got the members and arranger for special shows every year...

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

I actually like the drill and think the choice of music is an issue.

Can not deny that hornline, but I wish they would have been given different source music.

They've got the members and arranger for special shows every year...

I mean, I think the music this year is awesome, but we can agree to disagree I guess.

I will admit some of the drill doesn't wow me as much as older Crown drill does. However, this is definitely a step in the right direction to getting back to where they used to be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StrikerEZ said:

I mean, I think the music this year is awesome, but we can agree to disagree I guess.

I will admit some of the drill doesn't wow me as much as older Crown drill does. However, this is definitely a step in the right direction to getting back to where they used to be.

I think the music choices are better than last year, but could be better. Just my tastes.

The drill is nice.

All put together it doesn't quite drive the GE as much as it could.

Either way, I like Crown this year, I just hope for a home run design to go with those amazing members.

They've struggled with that for the last 3 years. Amazing performance and members and ok design get them their current placings....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jjeffeory said:

I think the music choices are better than last year, but could be better. Just my tastes.

The drill is nice.

All put together it doesn't quite drive the GE as much as it could.

Either way, I like Crown this year, I just hope for a home run design to go with those amazing members.

They've struggled with that for the last 3 years. Amazing performance and members and ok design get them their current placings....

Yeah, we basically agree besides for the music choices. I really like the source music and love how it's been arranged, though. Bucimis is just such a cool song, and Crown's closer is just epic because of that. And Gabriel's Oboe is such a pretty ballad.

3 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Yeah, we basically agree besides for the music choices. I really like the source music and love how it's been arranged, though. Bucimis is just such a cool song, and Crown's closer is just epic because of that. And Gabriel's Oboe is such a pretty ballad.

Yea, it's just not my taste, but they are performing it better than the rest!

...and I'm commenting on the music in how it affects GE too.

Edited by jjeffeory

13 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Yea, it's just not my taste, but they are performing it better than the rest!

...and I'm commenting on the music in how it affects GE too.

I mean, I think they have some pretty good musical GE moments, they just don't have the visual to back it up most of the time.