Fan Favorites for 2018 survey results ( Flo )

4 hours ago, Ghost said:

Now, is this a fact?

Obviously not but here's some facts straight from Google: 

Kevin Morrison has been involved with the marching arts for 13 years both as a performer and a teacher. He has spent with numerous groups as a teacher including Jersey Surf, The Cadets, and he is excited to be starting his second year with the Boston Crusaders. Kevin is currently the director of bands at East Lincoln High School in the Charlotte area. In his spare time, Kevin arranges for high school bands all across the country and writes music for short films and trailers.

17 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Obviously not but here's some facts straight from Google: 

Kevin Morrison has been involved with the marching arts for 13 years both as a performer and a teacher. He has spent with numerous groups as a teacher including Jersey Surf, The Cadets, and he is excited to be starting his second year with the Boston Crusaders. Kevin is currently the director of bands at East Lincoln High School in the Charlotte area. In his spare time, Kevin arranges for high school bands all across the country and writes music for short films and trailers.

Cap, you missed this short lived sprint at Spirit this year too. http://spiritdrumcorps.org/staff-member/kevin-morrison/

7 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I would have put Boston in 4th. And by a significant margin. I also would have put Cavaliers in 7th by a significant margin.

It's all just opinions. "They weren't better" is stated as a fact - it is not a fact. Even if every judge all season believes it - still not a fact

Good point. The " facts " are the placements.  Fans are entitled to their opinions on those placements, good, bad, or indifferent. Fans are even entitled to their opinions on what the judges did, and what other fans think of shows too. Fans can even agree or disagree with others opinions on shows. Judges have their opinions too. In DCI, their opinions, given in scores and rankings, is how DCI determines placements.  But its true also that the placements/ scores if compiled and reported correctly, are the facts.... based upon the judges opinions.

Edited by BRASSO

On 9/1/2018 at 9:12 AM, Ediker said:

Yes, while Boston’s overall concept/design was better, they were not going to catch Crown’s top notch brass and percussion, this year. Visually, Boston is clearly headed higher. 

I agree. They've really laid the foundations out in Boston for tremendous future success. I hope they can build on that. I loved their drill in 2018. Probably my favorite drill of the year.

• Like 1