George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I live in the community. We knew he was there before it was in the press. we really just go about life

That’s what I figured for the community after 39 years working there. Maybe just me but naming the church directs things more than I would feel comfortable with. Ok being in church council for 6 years at my old church I see it as “oh crap now what”.

1 minute ago, Bluzes said:

The those who knew list is growing everyday. Individual MM's are speaking up about asking for their bus assigments to be changed over nothing I want to discuss here but they were ignored when they asked for a simple seat change. Worring about George or dragging The Cadets down is just a little piece of a bigger picture of those who KNEW.

my post was about specifics and those claims of alumni. BUT you're right, I said a year ago the who knew what when can and will go far beyond cadets too. It can hit many many corps.

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

same thing. "were you there?" " No I was not". "Then you know nothing and you helped make a horrible accusation".

As someone once falsely accused of inappropriate actions with a minor, I stayed quiet, and even before it came out it was in fact a false accusation, the accuser was harrased in unimaginable ways I didn't even know about. I did apologize to that person for that, as I didn't condone it. 

sent you a PM

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

That’s what I figured for the community after 39 years working there. Maybe just me but naming the church directs things more than I would feel comfortable with. Ok being in church council for 6 years at my old church I see it as “oh crap now what”.

unless it hits the mainstream media, I doubt they'd even know unless someone told them. 

It's a good church, I know people that attend there. Most probably ave no idea. Drum corps isn't an every day talking point in the community. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

especially the 6'5" one. tho the smallest one could probably take us both out

Oh I was just picturing a face to chest talk with him lol. And he has a tendency to stand REAL close when he talks. Is the smallest one the newbie, haven’t met in person yet. 

Actually our dog groomer is the tall ones wife. So she has sharp things in her hand when I see her

Edited by JimF-LowBari

3 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

sent you a PM

replied. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Oh I was just picturing a face to chest talk with him lol. And he has a tendency to stand REAL close when he talks. Is the smallest one the newbie, haven’t met in person yet. 

i can at least look at his nose LOL.

you'll love the newbie. Iggles fan, but still a great addition to the church. The Kids adore her!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

my post was about specifics and those claims of alumni. BUT you're right, I said a year ago the who knew what when can and will go far beyond cadets too. It can hit many many corps.

Yes falling right into George's trap. He wants diversion, I am not singling you out. There is no question your hearts in the right place. George is manipulative he would play all of us if he could.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Yes falling right into George's trap. He wants diversion, I am not singling you out. There is no question your hearts in the right place. George is manipulative he would play all of us if he could.

yes I'm well aware of how he works. It's the reason ( not this topic ) why I  chose to not work with him in the past. Even when given the opportunity

Edited by GUARDLING