“Failure to Protect”

7 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Agree dci is facing a uphill battle. Privacy yep my favorite subject, can't get medical info on loved ones because of HIPA, but my company was able to analyze my bodily fluids and get their info. Just surprised how BOA and the other band associations have their heads in the sand and seem to be pushing this off to a Drum Corps problem. They travel more than most DCA Corps these days and are 100% minors. 

A scholastic organization like BOA is a totally different animal. Not even apples to oranges 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Can't figure out why the focus isn't 100% on getting rid of the scum either. I keep bringing up Penn State but live 2 hours away and see parallel after parallel. Another one is protecting the organization to the point that they can't see that the organization screwed things up or needs to be changed. Or they think that any criticism is attacking.

Every freaking day I see car magnets with JVP or 409 on them. Refers to Paternos initials and number of wins he used to have. Wonder if the person has them because they think Paterno was totally innocent or "how dare anyone think the school isn't perfect". And again the kids are ignored.

Schools are doing better and have more focus on it, but often laws hinder them doing what they can do

6 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Schools are doing better and have more focus on it, but often laws hinder them doing what they can do

I was only thinking DCI as have heard about school limitations from some in law teachers. Both Dauphin County, one inner city and other north county "ya all ain't from around here are ya" area.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Flashback and I forget what was changing at the time.... people were complaining about the change and the DCI is always right crowd kept parroting a certain phrase to shut them up. Allow me to borrow that phrase for this issue...

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE KIDS!!

3 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

You're 100% correct and I hope my statement of "throwing the baby out with the bath water" wasn't unintentionally misinterpreted. I made that statement regarding the cries of some to shut down DCI forever. That's not the answer.

I agree in my heart of hearts that it's time for DA to go. Even if there isn't a legal reason (and I'm not saying there isn't,) to do so, there could easily be a moral obligation. It's been said before. DA is not DCI. Change is needed at the top and whatever he specifically knew or did / didn't do, he's where the cut needs to start. I understand the statements of some that he has valuable knowledge regarding running a tour etc., but that's simply not something that can be allowed at this point. The good of the activity needs to stand above any individual.  

If this makes logical sense then, by direct extension, those who drafted, voted, and implemented the policy that now makes Dan A worthy of being fired are, themselves, responsible.  They are the fiduciaries of the activity according to law.

Valuable knowledge about running a drum corps is easily and effectively replaced and, therefore, has little or no value. 

I publicly call for every DCI BoD member to be removed from DCIs governance structure the day they march Dan out. 

And, because by their very lack of action as board members of the governing body, they obviously are enabler personalities who should not be in charge of a youth group. 

I now call for every director who has either voted in favor of the current DCI governance structure, or FAILED TO INTRODUCE a vote for proactive restructuring of DCI, to be removed from their corps the same day they march Dan A out. 

Now, corps boards were enablers for allowing their directors to vote in favor of DCIs structure, or DIDN’T DEMAND their reps to DCI’s governance model vote on action to change that structure. I demand that all corps board members be removed and replaced the day they march Dan A out. 

Now, what about the SPONSORS who enabled...

Feelin’ wordsmithy today. 

Edited by garfield
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, garfield said:

If this makes logical sense then, by direct extension, those who drafted, voted, and implemented the policy that now makes Dan A worthy of being fired are, themselves, responsible. Valuable knowledge about running a drum corps is easily and effectively replaced and, therefore, has little or no value. I publicly call for every DCI BoD member to be removed from DCIs governance structure the day they march Dan out.  And, because by their very lack of action as board members of the governing body, they obviously are enabler personalities who should not be in charge of a youth group.I now call for every director who has either voted in favor of the current DCI governance structure, or FAILED TO INTRODUCE a vote for proactive restructuring of DCI, to be removed from their corps the same day they march Dan A out. Now, corps boards were enablers for allowing their directors to vote in favor of DCIs structure, or DIDN’T DEMAND their reps to DCI’s governance model vote on action to change that structure. I demand that all corps board members be removed and replaced the day they march Dan A out. Now, what about the SPONSORS who enabled... 

A slight opening of the door of acceptance perhaps?

7 minutes ago, garfield said:

If this makes logical sense then, by direct extension, those who drafted, voted, and implemented the policy that now makes Dan A worthy of being fired are, themselves, responsible. 

Valuable knowledge about running a drum corps is easily and effectively replaced and, therefore, has little or no value. 

I publicly call for every DCI BoD member to be removed from DCIs governance structure the day they march Dan out. 

And, because by their very lack of action as board members of the governing body, they obviously are enabler personalities who should not be in charge of a youth group. 

I now call for every director who has either voted in favor of the current DCI governance structure, or FAILED TO INTRODUCE a vote for proactive restructuring of DCI, to be removed from their corps the same day they march Dan A out. 

Now, corps boards were enablers for allowing their directors to vote in favor of DCIs structure, or DIDN’T DEMAND their reps to DCI’s governance model vote on action to change that structure. I demand that all corps board members be removed and replaced the day they march Dan A out. 

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one. I respect you and your posts are generally well thought out and logical, but (I hate that word...,) I think this one is more reactionary than anything. Your comparisons in this case would be like saying that since the state authorities knew about lead in the water in Flint, MI., then anyone who voted for those individuals allowed them into office and are therefore also liable. It's like the 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon.

IF (and I don't know first hand,) people were aware of an issue that put MM's in harms way and did not report it, then how is that not wrong at least from a moral standpoint? 

I understand both sides. I truly do. But if we have an obligation to protect these kids and that wasn't done because it wasn't someones job legally to do so, then there is a real problem. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

People elsewhere are trying to claim that Morgan Larson isn’t still under restriction. He is.

.https://appsdoc.wi.gov/public/offenderdetails?id=10906  

Life registration and did not respond to last USPS notification (think that was last word as lost page). 

1 hour ago, garfield said:

If this makes logical sense then, by direct extension, those who drafted, voted, and implemented the policy that now makes Dan A worthy of being fired are, themselves, responsible. 

I call for any BoD member who knew or suspected anything was going on and ignored it to resign.

If you want to focus on protecting DA fine. My focus is protecting the kids and getting rid of all predators and enablers. And anyone who ignored even a suspicion is an enabler

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3