“Failure to Protect”

3 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

I am not making a big thing about the Skyliners just pointing how drum corps gets dragged down because of previsions that happen in the schools. It's a sad state of affairs and outside of the GH issue, a lot of great corps Cadets included and good people in drum crops are left mopping up the mess they inherit from the high schools. dci has an insurmountable task dealing with this thorny issue and needs a direct path forward as well as protecting itself in every way possible since their very existence depends on a good relationship with the schools. It's a rock and a hard place.

I don’t think the Kilties are being dragged down by the schools.  

• Haha 4

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

Were  Kilties (including Larson) at any DCI shows?

Not an expert on the Kilties but it is likely they did. Also read on there he was in the Jim Ott ensemble in Indy a few years back.

Just now, Bluzes said:

Not an expert on the Kilties but it is likely they did. Also read on there he was in the Jim Ott ensemble in Indy a few years back.

I can’t figure you out on this.  Are you defending this behavior by blaming it on the school systems?  Are you worried that drum corps may go away?  Because I don’t know why anyone would want drum corps in it’s current state. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t think the Kilties are being dragged down by the schools.  

Right were any of them even allowed close to a school? How pathetic the way this is going the DCA Kilties will be better known than the Kilties. 

16 minutes ago, garfield said:

READING COMPREHENSION!

I said at DCI shows, Swami.

Your mistake didn't change my argument one bit, now did it?

There is no proof that Dan A "didn't do anything".  In fact, there's first-hand knowledge that he did "act".  He just didn't act the way you think he should have.

And just to check, what "yearbook" are you talking about now, a DCA yearbook? :juggle:

the DCI yearbook. towards the back they list the all age members.

and your reading fails you because Larsen continued to perform at DCI events in 2013, after Dan was notified of his presence in the corps and his status on the national sex offenders registry.

read, not blindly defend. It'll make you look better. Not DCI, but you. 

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

the DCI yearbook. towards the back they list the all age members.

and your reading fails you because Larsen continued to perform at DCI events in 2013, after Dan was notified of his presence in the corps and his status on the national sex offenders registry.

read, not blindly defend. It'll make you look better. Not DCI, but you. 

Not blindly anything, swami.  You should know that of me - I don't make stuff up.

And I don't need your guidance on "looking better".  I look Maaahhhhvelous, Dahling!

20 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Were  Kilties (including Larson) at any DCI shows?

6/29 Madison Wi

6/20 Salem WI

7/5 Whitewater

fromthepressbox.com. went to DCA section, got dates Kilties had scores, correlated to the DCI schedule since they dont appear in the same place on the site. I highly doubt they ran a show with just them in it on those dates with a DCI show in the same time ( in case anyone tried to stretch logic that far)

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, garfield said:

Not blindly anything, swami.  You should know that of me - I don't make stuff up.

And I don't need your guidance on "looking better".  I look Maaahhhhvelous, Dahling!

you need a bigger turban.

and down below i provide you 3 dates the Kilties performed in DCI events after Dan Acheson was emailed in 2012 about Larson. For an organization you say strictly controls who does what at their events, I guess they overlooked this fact right?

22 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I can’t figure you out on this.  Are you defending this behavior by blaming it on the school systems?  Are you worried that drum corps may go away?  Because I don’t know why anyone would want drum corps in it’s current state. 

Well not in Larsons case that was just a poor decision that should not have been made. From the article the other victims were abused in high school and the abuser went into drum corps because of bad hires. I am applauding the majority (over 99%) of the good people that go on tour for keeping it safe even with the bad hires on board. With recent events like todays article the powers that be running dci need to be doing some real soul searching about resigning themselves for the better and survival of dci. Real men & women would do that even if they felt they are not at fault.  Like a personal no confidence assessment of your ability to be affective. I would like to see these individuals go down gracefully and not add flames to the fire. 

Edited by Bluzes
typo

I fear you folks are fiddling here while Rome burns. Your fact checking and phrase parsing seems like a sandbox fight. Meanwhile the overarching message of the Philly Inquirer remains unchanged. Check that:  it keeps getting worse. But by all means, split the knats wing in half to prove DCI didn’t do anything wrong. 

You are missing the big picture. 

• Like 3