“Failure to Protect”

Just now, Stu said:

By the way, my wife is now mad at me for typing the past few posting during church service. And yes, I fear her wrath as much as that from the Almighty!!

Nice, get your act together you know where your priorities are don't mess with the Almighty I sure don't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Don't look at it that way, had nothing to hide besides people actually like my wife if I did have FB I would not have made the cut. Nothing Sexual or Criminal but I think too much like you and question everything.

Sorry, but again you and I do not think alike at all. While there is nothing my wife and I do privatly which is illegal or immoral, there are plenty of things we do privately in which we need to hide from others, friends, family, and especially employers.

41 minutes ago, Stu said:

Jim, the scenario you cite is one of potential abuse of power by an entity that can, by due process, not only take away your rights and freedoms but also incarcerate you. That is an interesting subject, but not the same as the subject on the current table. What is on the table here is a discussion concerning voluntarily sacrificing and selling your personal freedom, and your family's, in the name of your love and desire for a particular career.  The same scenario as the myth of a guitar player who sells his soul to the devil (Borg) in the name of a desire to play the best guitar gigs. Nobody forces a person to apply for, or hold onto, a career which requires those sacrifices. It all boils down to are you willing to voluntarily give up your soul to a company in the name of your love for that particular career choice.

My point is early in life you decide what your ideals are and how you want to follow them. Then real life hits and sometimes you give up some of those ideals for something that you think is more important. In my example the more important was providing for the family. No idea of Bluzes situation but some people have to give up some of their ideals as work policies change in order to also provide for their loved ones. 

You look at it as career choice, I see it as food on the table. I also see it as the same subject depending on the circumstances.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Nice, get your act together you know where your priorities are don't mess with the Almighty I sure don't.

I turn off the ringer and make sure I can’t feel it vibrate.... 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stu said:

Sorry, but again you and I do not think alike at all. While there is nothing my wife and I do privatly which is illegal or immoral, there are plenty of things we do privately in which we need to hide from others, friends, family, and especially employers.

I think we are alike in the fact that we are aware of up we are up against. FB is now scanning your photos, through facial recognition are Iding others in your photo and sending out an automated friend request all across the photo. So if you take a photo at the airport FB robots send you friend requests from other travelers in the background. Check out the friend request text on your smartphone you know those that pop up prior to your password so much for privacy. You're not getting more popular by the day FB it's just creating a false reality that wants to rate you on the number of friends you have and make honest folks feel wanting for an honest profile.

3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

My point is early in life you decide what your ideals are and how you want to follow them. Then real life hits and sometimes you give up some of those ideals for something that you think is more important. In my example the more important was providing for the family. No idea of Bluzes situation but some people have to give up some of their ideals as work policies change in order to also provide for their loved ones. 

You look at it as career choice, I see it as food on the table. I also see it as the same subject depending on the circumstances.

Food on the table can be provided for as a landscaper who protects personal privacy; food does to have to come from an IT job that requires the company to have access to your wife's FB postings. So it certainly is a matter of career choice placed above personal privacy.

8 minutes ago, Stu said:

Food on the table can be provided for as a landscaper who protects personal privacy; food does to have to come from an IT job that requires the company to have access to your wife's FB postings. So it certainly is a matter of career choice placed above personal privacy.

Just to be sure here I’m only talking about the father who took the no contest plea deal. You have no idea of his families circumstances and how losing his business and business license would effect them. So think twice about being so high and mighty and judge total strangers

3 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

I think we are alike in the fact that we are aware of up we are up against. FB is now scanning your photos, through facial recognition are Iding others in your photo and sending out an automated friend request all across the photo. So if you take a photo at the airport FB robots send you friend requests from other travelers in the background. Check out the friend request text on your smartphone you know those that pop up prior to your password so much for privacy. You're not getting more popular by the day FB it's just creating a false reality that wants to rate you on the number of friends you have and make honest folks feel wanting for an honest profile.

Ok, we are both aware; but we are far from being alike.  You are aware yet are also willing to give your company access to personal data posted by your wife in the name of your own desired career position and making the cut at work. I on the otherhand am aware, but would rather work as a landsacper than to continue on with a desired career.

15 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Just to be sure here I’m only talking about the father who took the no contest plea deal. You have no idea of his families circumstances and how losing his business and business license would effect them. So think twice about being so high and mighty and judge total strangers

And I hope that I was clear that the situation you are refering to is vastly different than the scenario being discussed between Bluzes and me. I agree with you concerning the situation you are refering to in that the threat of losing everything through the abuse of litigation can lead to a person aquesing. But that is not what is in play between Bluzes and me. Food on the table can be provided for here no matter the career/work choice; it is merely a choice of what is more important, the prestige of the job and the material things, or the dignity of personal freedom and privacy.

Edited by Stu

CAN we  PLEASE get BACK to DRUM CORPS PLEASE ? 

there are other forums to chat on other subjects. 

• Thanks 1