“Failure to Protect”

4 hours ago, Bluzes said:

If the applicant says they don't not have any of these accounts, red flag.

Facebook

I choose not to have an FB account because of Family Drama. Don't want sucked in and people I get along with on both sides trying to get me to take theirs. Can't be bothered with the Twitterverse either. I'd hope if anything, that might be a positive in that I'm not going to be saying stupid crap on social media. 😋

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stu said:

I would rather rake leaves and mow yards than to have a professional career in a field which would red flag me for protecting my privacy!

Or in my case, Play World of Tanks. Anyone else doing it on X-Box? :laugh:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BigW said:

I choose not to have an FB account because of Family Drama. Don't want sucked in and people I get along with on both sides trying to get me to take theirs. Can't be bothered with the Twitterverse either. I'd hope if anything, that might be a positive in that I'm not going to be saying stupid crap on social media. 😋

I agree I know just enough about technology, to keep it out of my life as much as possible. Still wondering why my company needed to provision 40 IP addresses per household,  even a family of 4 and a huge house does not come close. Anyway, there are a lot of reasons for good people not to have these social media accounts, but by not having this myself I don't feel slighted (rights violated). If the Corps think it's strange that their applicants are not forthcoming with their social media they have good reason to be cautious. 

Edited by Bluzes

31 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

I agree I know just enough about technology, to keep it out of my life as much as possible. Still wondering why my company needed to provision 40 IP addresses per household,  even a family of 4 and a huge house does not come close. Anyway, there are a lot of reasons for good people not to have these social media accounts, but by not having this myself I don't feel slighted (rights violated). If the Corps think it's strange that their applicants are not forthcoming with their social media they have good reason to be cautious. 

If they do have accounts, there shouldn't be any issues where they should be able to take a look at them, you'd think.

8 hours ago, Bluzes said:

I appluad this, NJ is addressing a known issue that has bit them in the past. Do you envision that this database becomes advaiable to NJ's youth orginations? If not for these individuals to continue their livelihood in NJ they may turn to youth oginations as a safehaven to support themsleves since the schools don't want them.

It is not really a database. Applicants for a school district fill out a form that 1) authorizes the new district to contact prior districts going back 20 years and 2) provides the address/contact information to let the new district do so. The old districts MUST disclose any adverse information, even if there was no legal prosecution or license suspension.

So no, I do not see any of this being made available in general, nor should it be. It is personal information between the new district and old district(s), authorized by the applicant.  

9 hours ago, Bluzes said:

With a simple google search on how to alter your digital footprint, tons of articles appear. Fraud is defined as the crime of obtaining money or some other benefit by deliberate deception, usually for financial gain, so it  could be illegal. The how to's, are described, what dci/corps need is training on the warning signs sort of reverse engineering. The sites say fo“deactivate” your account — either temporarily or permanently. A few examples: If the applicant says they don't not have any of these accounts, red flag.

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest
LinkedInr instance.

You can clear your criminal record through an expungement with the help of online resources. Check your state and district court's websites for expungement forms and guidelines. We don't know the details on how far Fred took this for Moody it could have been illegal, but who is investiging, not dci?

Expungements are official government actions, totally legal and above board. Sure, the person has to apply, but that is normal. What Morrison is accused of doing for Moody is using online tools to hide online 3rd party information, not altering the information itself. Really, that is legal as well, when it comes down to it.

Try a couple of decades of security training in protecting yourself and see how much you want to let go on the web (especially social media). I’ve left out enough in pieces here that people with lot of times on their hands can put it together. But the family fb account is disabled (you can’t delete it) and nope to the other SM sites. Even who could see our fb stuff was set to friends only (about 25 or so) and only friends were relatives and people we knew personally (2 exceptions). Lol you want my info for work or volunteer work go to the FBI as they just about have it all including fingerprints 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

17 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Expungements are official government actions, totally legal and above board. Sure, the person has to apply, but that is normal. What Morrison is accused of doing for Moody is using online tools to hide online 3rd party information, not altering the information itself. Really, that is legal as well, when it comes down to it.

Be interesting to know how the hiding is supposedly done.