TOC - Chester 2019

Apologies if this has already been brought up or discussed elsewhere, but DCI's lineup for the Chester TOC show next summer includes just six corps:

SCV, BAC, Cadets, Cavies, Crossmen, and Jersey Surf.

Any ides if this lineup will be added to, or are most corps schedules set for next summer?

• Like 1

Well it could be this: the more corps the more you have to pay. And the organization that runs Chester has a well known financial hole

I recently received an email from the Bristol July 4th committee explaining why there would not be a show in Rhode Island this year. According to the committee, DCI’s requiring more attention to marching member safety meant the show could not be scheduled but it would hopefully return in 2020. This is the reason stated but there could be other factors. For one, moving the show from Bristol to Cranston changed the atmosphere of the show. Attendance had been decreasing in Bristol and appeared to decrease even more so when moving to Cranston. I was also told they were given a date but the corps did not commit, citing not enough down time.

Given what the Bristol folks said, and other posters have noted many corps are competing in fewer shows, perhaps the need for more downtime is why there are fewer corps in Chester.

4 hours ago, Tim K said:

DCI’s requiring more attention to marching member safety meant the show could not be scheduled

Did they say the exact reasons or just roll with that more general statement?

If it's a downtime issue, all for it. Sometimes you have to get out of that crucible and breathe, staff and members included.

6 hours ago, Ghost said:

For now, could there be housing issues?

Even before any of the storm hit.... Chester would have had serious basing issues. I'm picking my brains as to what facilities I'd want a corps I was with to work out of within 30-45 minutes of the stadium let alone an hour away. Possibly the 4 Wilmington HS would be your best bet if available, working out of Northern DE around the Middletown area as well.

40 minutes ago, BigW said:

Even before any of the storm hit.... Chester would have had serious basing issues. I'm picking my brains as to what facilities I'd want a corps I was with to work out of within 30-45 minutes of the stadium let alone an hour away. Possibly the 4 Wilmington HS would be your best bet if available, working out of Northern DE around the Middletown area as well.

by Chester, most of the corps there had moved into their base that runs through Allentown. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

by Chester, most of the corps there had moved into their base that runs through Allentown. 

Weren’t Corps having problems getting Allentown sites last year for the big show?