Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

8 minutes ago, Stu said:

Simple yes/no question. In your opinion, does a program exist that can erase your entire metadata and erase your entire digital footprint?

Yes, Maybe you or JimBari can help DCP do that when they delete posts, it's a good policy.  :help:

https://www.wikihow.com/Edit-Metadata

34 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Yes, Maybe you or JimBari can help DCP do that when they delete posts, it's a good policy.  :help:

Unless you want to try to do it as an illegal hack here is the catch, specifically the two bolded statements:

In order to edit or change metadata, you will need to make sure that you have access to it. This means having the right administrative clearance, having network connections to where files are kept, or even just knowing how to unlock compressed folders or restricted formats.

1) Get your clearance, orienting file diiections and passwords...

Moreover, having network connections and legal permission to every file on the net is flat impossible. So even this info shows that the idea that you can, or hire someone to, dump all digital information on the entire internet is likely a hoax and a scam.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Stu said:

Unless you want to try to do it as an illegal hack here is the catch, specifically the two bolded statements:

In order to edit or change metadata, you will need to make sure that you have access to it. This means having the right administrative clearance, having network connections to where files are kept, or even just knowing how to unlock compressed folders or restricted formats.

1) Get your clearance, orienting file diiections and passwords...

Moreover, having network connections and legal permission to every file on the net is flat impossible. So even this info shows that the idea that you can, or hire someone to, dump all digital information on the entire internet is likely a hoax and a scam.

Which is why I question Crossmen supposedly paying for data “cleansing”. Either they didn’t or there is one born every minute....

And data security is part of what I deal with at that place that gives me a paycheck

Edited by JimF-LowBari

6 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Good point and to your point. Any poster on DCP who liked this man's idea is guilty of aiding & abetting "dci disparagement" by publically stating they were in favor of the most horrible thing that happened to dci in a long time. As a result, Dan has no choice but to shut down DCP. He also reserves the right to use our digital footprint against us if we should ever comment about dci again any where on the internet forever. So we all been DOXXed the kids call this "marked for death" Beware dci brownshirts don't want you anywhere around LOS and have the software to pick you out of the crowd. You been dcidoxxed unworthy of attending any dci shows. For life.

Reread this several times - you do realize that DCP is an independent website/discussion board and is in no way affiliated with or managed by DCI?

33 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

I'm pretty comfortable in speaking on behalf of the owner of DCP in stating emphatically that we will not be editing metadata.

And the required reminder that this thread is way off topic and needs to get back on track.

10 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Which is why I question Crossmen supposedly paying for data “cleansing”. Either they didn’t or there is one born every minute....

And data security is part of what I deal with at that place that gives me a paycheck

That is why accusing Fred of anything else than hiring Moody is hearsay. One could point to someone having it out for Fred for the hire and made up the receipt. We don't know?

I find it ironic that time is making us see clearer on Fred and Dan put the focus back on him, nuts?

5 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

All that means is you need administrative rights over the network. All networks have admins stops just anyone from changing things. PC/Laptops ask who the admin is so others can't access those IP levels.  But everything is click bait, the wiki shows what needs to be accessed and changed as an example but it is not a practical solution. There is special software that sits on the network that makes this happen when the content is deleted. My company had large scale processes but you could see consumer software is available. I don't worry about that myself. 

10 minutes ago, JohnZ said:

Reread this several times - you do realize that DCP is an independent website/discussion board and is in no way affiliated with or managed by DCI?

I'm pretty comfortable in speaking on behalf of the owner of DCP in stating emphatically that we will not be editing metadata.

And the required reminder that this thread is way off topic and needs to get back on track.

John said enough, so please change the subject.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

John said enough, so please change the subject.

Agree... interested in the subject myself but want to keep this open

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Agree... interested in the subject myself but want to keep this open

Here is the funny part: If they are consistent with their beliefs I can hear the mumbling now by some other posters... "This is evil king dictatorship; I disagree with his directive; we are engaging in nothing more than freedom of expression, while he does have a policy to point to he is wrong to use it, blah, bark, blah...."  😱