I hereby refuse to support DCI in 2019... who's in?

45 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Again I’m not talking about any specific incident. Just the idea of an entity checking itself for illegal activity goes against my beliefs. And that is ALL I am talking  about. Too many years of conflict of interest training  probably. And brought up PSU as they are the poster child for self checking and saying “nah we’re good”, iow CONFLICT OF INTEREST.

And DCI checking itself... well DCI is the corps lol

seriously how did any one get the idea I was posting about DCI investigating specific incidents. Especially since I kept saying I wasn’t.

again....you need more than just rumor or hearsay. 

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

again....you need more than just rumor or hearsay. 

And where did the post you quoted did I say rumor or hearsay?

34 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok here is the crux of my disagreement: you say DCI had no verifiable credible evidence. Who decides that what they have is credible? I’m reading that “who” as Dan since it was presented to him. Or what am I missing. There needs to be an outside group to oversee checking allegations of a criminal nature. That’s all I’m trying to say. 

And I won’t say Penn State to keep Jeff happy lol

if someone calls and says "I heard a rumor..."...but can't give times, dates...anything more than 18th hand "so and so supposedly..."...what is DCI to do? Now they have plan in place to investigate these things...and i am told some seriously frivolous #### comes in to the hotline....but before, rumor and innuendo alone doesn't warrant them to do more.

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

And where did the post you quoted did I say rumor or hearsay?

well you give nothing to go by that can be used other than the words rumor or hearsay. Unless someone called Dan and said "hey so and so was seen engaging in sexual relations with a kid"...what was Dan to do? You have to remember if DCI goes barking up lots of trees that end up being false, DCI could find it's ### in legal hot water.

Now there's a plan in place, and at times anyway, things are being done with it. We can't keep beating them on the past because we know they ignored it, the clock can't be turned back, and we just have to hope finally they have gotten their #### together

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

if someone calls and says "I heard a rumor..."...but can't give times, dates...anything more than 18th hand "so and so supposedly..."...what is DCI to do? Now they have plan in place to investigate these things...and i am told some seriously frivolous #### comes in to the hotline....but before, rumor and innuendo alone doesn't warrant them to do more.

Understood but what if it is the person who claims they were abused or whatever. From what I’m reading Dan is the one who decides if the claim is credible. That I ain’t buying...

and what is the plan to investigate as first time I have seen it brought up

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

well you give nothing to go by that can be used other than the words rumor or hearsay. Unless someone called Dan and said "hey so and so was seen engaging in sexual relations with a kid"...what was Dan to do? You have to remember if DCI goes barking up lots of trees that end up being false, DCI could find it's ### in legal hot water.

Now there's a plan in place, and at times anyway, things are being done with it. We can't keep beating them on the past because we know they ignored it, the clock can't be turned back, and we just have to hope finally they have gotten their #### together

You keep talking like I’m bring up the past. I am talking about present and future... not sure why

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Understood but what if it is the person who claims they were abused or whatever. From what I’m reading Dan is the one who decides if the claim is credible. That I ain’t buying...

Dan isn't the sole arbiter.

https://www.dci.org/static/complaints-and-concerns

https://www.dci.org/news/dci-board-of-directors-updates-sweeping-code-of-conduct-ethics-guidelines

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Thank you I’ll read as I get time. My heartburn is I kept reading that Dan decides if things should be checked further or reported. Conflict of interest to me.. just like you know who in PSU land 

9 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I've contacted DCI on a few issues regarding this, particularly with the whole ML thing with the Jim Ott, Kilties, and Midwest Connection thing, and heard back from someone else at DCI that referenced their "investigators" so I don't believe it is DA that is the one making the decisions.

Just now, tesmusic said:

I've contacted DCI on a few issues regarding this, particularly with the whole ML thing with the Jim Ott, Kilties, and Midwest Connection thing, and heard back from someone else at DCI that referenced their "investigators" so I don't believe it is DA that is the one making the decisions.

I am thinking Dan only gets involved after fact finding.