DCI Open Class World Championship Prelims - 8/5

3 minutes ago, Jake W. said:

I'm sorry, who is this??

I gotta jump in and agree...

WHAT CORPS IS THIS AND WHERE ARE THE SPARTANS?  

And I mean that in the BEST way possible.  This is such a different show for them in just about every single way.  It is SO fun!  

• Like 1

In the category of "things we'll never know"  Would this have been the year the "old firm" of BDB and SCVC got broken up by one of these two shows?   I mean they're SO good.   

5 minutes ago, Jake W. said:

Full disclosure: I have yet to enjoy a Spartans show in my years of watching WC Prelims. They're a very visually-driven corps with often-crass music, and that's just not my aesthetic. I am fully prepared to finally have that turned on its head. I'm very ready to finally embrace them.

I can see why you'd say that, as I've often said that same.  With that said, I hope they're able to make you a fan this year, because in the decades I've spent watching this corps locally, this is easily the strongest edition of the Spartans I've ever seen.  They will be surprising a number of WC fans at prelims and semi's, in my opinion.

I'm also really loving that they're a fuller size corps this year! This may be the biggest they've ever been, hovering around 60 brass.

This is freaking great.  I can't wait to see this two times in the oil can.  This is more entertaining than some WC shows

• Like 1