New World-Class Criteria

18 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

I’m not the whistle blower who outed the Crownies or Cadets for going to Boston on  bended knees to resolve their debts. But I was listening when the story was told. 

This kills me;  you were listening (like the phone was held away from his ear and you could overhear) and thinking about how you might turn such information into gold if you were ever asked by BD, DCI, or some random post on a forum board and needed to poke Cadets, Crown, or someone else to make a greater point.  GREAT!  I hope that was while you were volunteering or writing a big check!

22 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Ultimately It’s the game that the DCI directors chose to play, so don’t hate on BD because they figured out the game, hate the game. 

I think you need to read again if you think I was hating on anyone.  Quite the opposite, of course, but you seem to have missed the point.

Why should BD (or any other corps) be "penalized" by not being able to spend whatever they can/want to attain their goal?  Why should other corps that haven't attained that level of success now be benefited by the restrictions on other corps?  Why not just go to all compulsories keep creativity closed up in some restricted box?  Isn't that "more fair" for everyone?

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, garfield said:

Heh.  OK.

Still, you've suggested that a spending cap would level the field and promote fiscal responsibility, although you don't say how in the face of the math.  (Maybe that was a different memo.)

And, right, you're NOT the person, or a person part of a the group, who would set the percentage- or dollar-caps.  But your presumption about the benefits should be based on something, even if something you just overheard.  Otherwise, you'd have to start the sentence with "I wonder..." or "I'd be curious to know..." it seems to me.

I'd be curious to know what your take is for creating fiscal responsibility. Should it be held solely or be divided or shared? Once woodwinds are approved, the price of meat has just gone up.

Edited by Poppycock

Just now, Poppycock said:

I'd be curious to know what your take is for creating physical responsibility. Should it be held solely or be divided or shared? Once woodwinds are approved, the price of meat has just gone up.

fiscal?

Should what be held solely or divided?

The price of meat?

1 hour ago, garfield said:

Yep, so, they do have one.  Is it sufficient or deficient?  Should it be applied more frequently than it now is (seasonally is my understanding).

I've not found any evidence that suggested Legends was going to begging for money to complete 2017's tour.  Should corps be required to report in monthly during the tour?  Weekly?

What are the unintended consequences of tighter centralized review of individual corps finances throughout the season, say, a November until August reporting period?

this is the first it's ever been confirmed. You don't remember the Legends saga? It was all over this place. 

Raiders also had a publicized issue the other year too. I do believe an annual review is best for all, and I think they should dive deep, as deep as they are doing for new corps coming in the door. Remember you had the eval process to get into WC at the same time you corps Like Glassmen, Teal and others folding. Troopers taking a year off. Phantom having a well publicized debt. Plus I have heard rumors floating about some corps asking others for loans, tho some names not mentioned here, and I don't have enough corroboration to say more other than it's rumors

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

I'd be curious to know what your take is for creating physical responsibility. Should it be held solely or be divided or shared? Once woodwinds are approved, the price of meat has just gone up.

i think you mean fiscal responsibility.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, garfield said:

I think you need to read again if you think I was hating on anyone.  Quite the opposite, of course, but you seem to have missed the point.

Why should BD (or any other corps) be "penalized" by not being able to spend whatever they can/want to attain their goal?  Why should other corps that haven't attained that level of success now be benefited by the restrictions on other corps?  Why not just go to all compulsories keep creativity closed up in some restricted box?  Isn't that "more fair" for everyone?

Buffoonery!

4 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

this is the first it's ever been confirmed. You don't remember the Legends saga? It was all over this place. 

Raiders also had a publicized issue the other year too. I do believe an annual review is best for all, and I think they should dive deep, as deep as they are doing for new corps coming in the door. Remember you had the eval process to get into WC at the same time you corps Like Glassmen, Teal and others folding. Troopers taking a year off. Phantom having a well publicized debt. Plus I have heard rumors floating about some corps asking others for loans, tho some names not mentioned here, and I don't have enough corroboration to say more other than it's rumors

Bless you DrumManTx