Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, cybersnyder said:

Home addresses next?

You’re the one who said in another thread that people should petition the directors. So, did you not mean it?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can have a voice!  Let the voting directors of DCI know how you feel about the rule change proposals. There is no need for you to scour the Internet hunting for their addresses.  I already ha

There are many more creepy things in drum corps than compiling this list.  

It’s those double-secret probation rules that Dean Wormer had for Delta house. 

Just now, HockeyDad said:

You’re the one who said in another thread that people should petition the directors. So, did you not mean it?

Oops “gotcha”. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HockeyDad said:

You’re the one who said in another thread that people should petition the directors. So, did you not mean it?

I had something in mind more like the directors of the corps you donate to. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

I had something in mind more like the directors of the corps you donate to. 

If we purchase tickets to championships, aren’t we indirectly donating to all of the participants? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

If we purchase tickets to championships, aren’t we indirectly donating to all of the participants? 

actually only the member corps.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, xandandl said:

actually only the member corps.

True.  They’re the ones driving this bus.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

If we purchase tickets to championships, aren’t we indirectly donating to all of the participants? 

Sure. But emailed opinion will scale proportionally. I realize that my impact is effectively zero, so what will be will be. I don't like woodwinds, but I think it's going to happen. Then again, I don't really like the current state of drum corps in general so I'm hoping that whatever the next evolutionary development is, maybe it will be more interesting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

Sure. But emailed opinion will scale proportionally. I realize that my impact is effectively zero, so what will be will be. I don't like woodwinds, but I think it's going to happen. Then again, I don't really like the current state of drum corps in general so I'm hoping that whatever the next evolutionary development is, maybe it will be more interesting.

Evolutionary development. Perhaps it is more Revolutionary changes, and I don't mean just a drum corps in Texas.

Image result for 1917 movie

 

While some see Woodwinds as the final straw and the picture boy for all the changes the designers have imposed on the drum corps public in the past decade or more, I find the ire and discussion as positive to wean the professional elitists and designers back to what DCI is at its core...corps serving youth for development as young adults. The discussion need not be rancorous but it has lately seemed quite one-sided out of Indy. As other posters have noted on several threads, the comments on DCP, reddit and other social sites seem more united in viewpoint relative to the proposed changes and definitely find agreement across generational lines. DCI needs take note. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xandandl said:

Are parade permits required for picketing or is this covered under First Amendment Rights?

And we could always repeat what the US did to Noriega when he hid out in the Vatican embassy.

As the LATimes reported the doings in Panama:

Noriega slept through three days of ear-splitting rock music blared toward the embassy from loudspeakers by American troops surrounding the place--harassment that kept awake his host, Archbishop Jose Sebastian Laboa, and was shut off only after Laboa’s repeated complaints.

If they had used REO Speedwagon music, Noriega would have been begging to surrender within an hour. :tongue:

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

If they had used REO Speedwagon music, Noriega would have been begging to surrender within an hour. :tongue:

I was thinking Muskrat Love by Captain and Tenille

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • JohnZ locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.