DCI A/I and Judging

2 hours ago, MikeN said:

Only in the Wind / Brass section.  Drums, Guard and Visual are all the same (ish).  And I don't know how many circuits currently use DCI's GE guidelines anyways; I don't think this will have any effect.

Mike

if you're judging brass or ma now, you have a music degree and have had woodwind training

Edited by Jeff Ream

a lot of fans left after a&e were added

i admired the fight people like lancerlady put up, and also admired the quiet dignity of their departure as fans.  

the handful who proclaimed that they were irreplaceable were replaced pretty quickly.

when i leave, i hope it will be in a manner similar to the former rather than the latter. hard for me to imagine staying a fan much longer, but they keep doing just enough of the things i find interesting to keep me coming back. just barely. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Lance said:

i admired the fight people like lancerlady put up, and also admired the quiet dignity of their departure as fans.  

the handful who proclaimed that they were irreplaceable were replaced pretty quickly.

when i leave, i hope it will be in a manner similar to the former rather than the latter. hard for me to imagine staying a fan much longer, but they keep doing just enough of the things i find interesting to keep me coming back. just barely. 

I’m  Facebook friends with Stephanie (lancerlady) and she did go to the Memphis show last year.  But I think when they add woodwinds, she’ll probably be done.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lance said:

woodwinds is that really big line....far more than electronics. i'm very torn as to what i'd do, because i really do not want to see them anywhere but in a bonfire melting

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lance said:

Planning on doing the same, leave quietly. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m  Facebook friends with Stephanie (lancerlady) and she did go to the Memphis show last year.  But I think when they add woodwinds, she’ll probably be done.  

glad to hear she stuck with it! tell her hi for me.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2020 at 3:11 PM, Jeff Ream said:

woodwinds is that really big line....far more than electronics. i'm very torn as to what i'd do, because i really do not want to see them anywhere but in a bonfire melting

Sounds like it's time for a t-shirt design....