Coronavirus predictions, projections, models, facts and opinions.

27 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

You can easily find video of protesters complaining that the shut down has prevented them from going to the salon.

I didn't make that up.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Although my personal favorite might be the complaint by the organizer of the Nashville protest: "I hate having to get two iced teas in the drive-thru".

Because restaurants aren't giving free refills right now, you see.

Might have seen the saloon one in PA.

If where I worked was affected or was very concerned about the shutdown I’d be highly PO’ed at the people using the protest for their own gripes. Watched the PA vids and biggest sign was an anti-gay marriage one. And plenty of “don’t tread on me” flags and signs which is more anti-government than saying we need to reopen.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Just saw a film clip from local news... some off message signs are “don’t tread on me”, some religious ones I won’t post here... and my personal favorite....

OPEN OUR BARS

couple of people wearing shirts with company logos. Now I know who not to hire....

my favorite was the one with people and Pennsylvania spelled wrong

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Poppycock said:

I realize how important this virus is to some, but now we're getting to the point where governors are shutting too much stuff down with authoritarian rule.

My concern is that there is a real possibility that civil unrest may lead to violence, and that violence leads to someone getting injured or killed which may start civil war. People with nothing have nothing to lose. 

it seems to be a minority protesting. but no offense to them or anyone that feels like them, i'd rather ####### live

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Again my deepest sympathy. It is quite sad, and no stats, charts,  slight of hand and mouth on information changes the reality of all of this. Can or is there an over- reach by some? Maybe, BUT I would rather extra care, rather than less.

yup. i'm willing to give some up and live. i rebuilt my finances after 2008. i won't be able to rebuild my life if i get it from some ####### ######## more concerned with getting a haircut or his garden supplies than wearing a mask

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Approximately 1.1 million people in the U.S. are living with HIV today. About 14 percent of them (1 in 7) don’t know it and need testing. Let’s not make one issue more important than another thank you. 

true but HIV isn't airborne.

23 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

true but HIV isn't airborne.

And for many years, there have been some pretty effective treatments for it.

This is a fascinating article about what doctors in New York have learned about the unusual way that COVID 19 attacks the lungs:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/20/opinion/coronavirus-testing-pneumonia.html#click=https://t.co/UE7EGfkcw6

Among other things, it explains why fewer ventilators were needed than was initially expected.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

well stupidity may be one way to thin the herd

After seeing the dumb***es protesting in large groups, especially in Kentucky, I can only hope that our dear friend Darwin sends his regards. 

I feel awful for the healthcare workers in the hospitals right now. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Poppycock said:

I realize how important this virus is to some, but now we're getting to the point where governors are shutting too much stuff down with authoritarian rule.

My concern is that there is a real possibility that civil unrest may lead to violence, and that violence leads to someone getting injured or killed which may start civil war. People with nothing have nothing to lose. 

Nothing that a couple military drones can’t take care of. 

I kid, of course. 

Edited by Cappybara

7 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

I hope we are not equating every current protest with Charlottesville.  And I hope we are not equating every protester with the idiots singled out on TV.

Not every. Most likely not even most. But I think you’ll find the people who passively were okay with the Charlottesville rally overlap a decent amount with the current protestors whose focus is more about sticking it to the government than anything

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 1