Coronavirus predictions, projections, models, facts and opinions.

I’m thinking along the lines that the non-essential closures, stay in place, mask, social distancing, etc guidelines/rules are to protect most of us from the idiots. People too clueless to do what they should are one thing but way too many people do the opposite because “I’m the boss of myself and no one is going to tell me what to do”. 
Only go out in public to the store and way too many people without masks have either a “go ahead, give me crap about not wearing, I dare you”, “I’m a man and a tough MF’er so no mask for me” or just look like they are in another world. Believe it was MI where a man was in a protest crowd without a mask saying he’s young and strong so hopes he gets the virus. He was with his elementary school aged daughter saying it’s ok as she’s young and strong too.

edit: just see Guv Wolf of PA wants a structured reopening May 8. Ironic date as that would be slightly after incubation period if anyone caught coronavirus at today’s protest 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I’m thinking along the lines that the non-essential closures, stay in place, mask, social distancing, etc guidelines/rules are to protect most of us from the idiots. People too clueless to do what they should are one thing but way too many people do the opposite because “I’m the boss of myself and no one is going to tell me what to do”. 
Only go out in public to the store and way too many people without masks have either a “go ahead, give me crap about not wearing, I dare you”, “I’m a man and a tough MF’er so no mask for me” or just look like they are in another world. Believe it was MI where a man was in a protest crowd without a mask saying he’s young and strong so hopes he gets the virus. He was with his elementary school aged daughter saying it’s ok as she’s young and strong too.

They are young and strong till they aren't. Then watch how fast their tune changes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GUARDLING said:

They are young and strong till they aren't. Then watch how fast their tune changes.

Really... how many Spring breakers caught it while in FL last month. And just saw another news story about a elementary school student dying of it.

I sent you a message, a rowboat and a helicopter indeed.

• Like 2

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

Really... how many Spring breakers caught it while in FL last month. And just saw another news story about a elementary school student dying of it.

I sent you a message, a rowboat and a helicopter indeed.

YES! I have contact with medical professionals in Fl. I have a vacation house there. One is on a covid floor , last week he told me of 4 people all under the age of 40 who died and thats only 1 hosp.

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Oh yes, yes, yes.  You mean like the [...] that died at the hands of a [...] at [...] [r]ally in [...] in August 2017?  Yeah, no.

Ellipses just to allow me to safely note that the events you described happened on the date of DCI Finals that year.

On that day, someone here made some good points about Cavaliers' 2017 show, which I hadn't much cared for and still don't love, that did help me to appreciate its meaning.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

I realize how important this virus is to some

It's hard to see how 42,000+ Americans dead in 52 days isn't important to more than "some". It seems to be the leading cause of death this April, apparently having overtaken heart disease and cancer, neither of which overwhelms intensive care units or puts doctors and nurses at risk.

• Thanks 1

Your Honor, I submit Article A as further evidence to the hot topic at hand, "Kentucky Reports Highest Increase of Infection After a Week of Protest to Re-open the State".

https://www.newsweek.com/kentucky-reports-highest-coronavirus-infection-increase-after-week-protests-reopen-state-1498835?fbclid=IwAR0nGeFNvP12sPL-MV-hMsmLUcedjVhapSCXZnLzeS0SKbeF6QE2m4WU5RQ 

39 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Oh yes, yes, yes.  You mean like the anti-racism student that died at the hands of a Neo-Nazi at "Unite The Right" Rally in Charlottesville, Virginia in August 2017?  Yeah, no.  Neo-Nazi Racism is not my idea of true "civil unrest".  I agree that we need to get back as close to normal as soon as this virus is under control, but these protesters are reckless at best.  Some protesters have called for the firing of Dr. Faci & called the entire COVID-19 a political hoax.   The only way to restart our economy is with every type of MASS TESTING of just about everyone that goes out into society.  (work force, students, recreational activities, protesters, etc.)

There are (3) three current polls show the majority of the public think the protesters are out of line and we do not need to rush into a reckless act of opening our economy too soon.  The polls are running approx. 65% to 35% in that manner.  Those polls were conducted by both right & left leaning organization.  You cannot argue with the medical science & the data.  Listen to what it screaming right now.  Of course, our country is in different places right now as to the spread but our numbers have been for the most part kept in check.  But that could all change in the next couple of weeks.  :soapbox:

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/28/736915323/neo-nazi-who-killed-charlottesville-protester-is-sentenced-to-life-in-prison    

P.S. I have a couple of relatives that think this is all a (D) hoax.  You know, they're not real smart...

I hope we are not equating every current protest with Charlottesville.  And I hope we are not equating every protester with the idiots singled out on TV.