Our Commitment To The Black Lives Matter Movement

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

Interesting considering the French Canadians said they were treated as second class citizens in the past(?). I remember the 70s separatists in the news and I’m a big hockey fan and read what Rocket Richard meant to French Canadians

We would need to go into the history of this area.  It's a very long discussion.

That being said, we are now in beginning of a movement that is being controlled by the youth of society.   As much our discussions on DCP show just how advanced we are in age, we are the witness to a youth movement that will change how society  operates. 

We can complain and comment on everything that makes us different, however in this case we are being benefited by a youthful view.  

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Continental said:

We would need to go into the history of this area.  It's a very long discussion.

That being said, we are now in beginning of a movement that is being controlled by the youth of society.   As much our discussions on DCP show just how advanced we are in age, we are the witness to a youth movement that will change how society  operates. 

We can complain and comment on everything that makes us different, however in this case we are being benefited by a youthful view.  

Amen... and time to drop the beast (Bichon) for a grooming. Can’t go in the place so owner comes out and does pickup (literally pick up the dog from the passenger seat). I have my dads big bandanas which cover everything below the eyes. Then while waiting pickup a few items while distancing and making sure those around me are masked. Want to see that 63 in less than 2 months

3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Amen... and time to drop the beast (Bichon) for a grooming. Can’t go in the place so owner comes out and does pickup (literally pick up the dog from the passenger seat). I have my dads big bandanas which cover everything below the eyes. Then while waiting pickup a few items while distancing and making sure those around me are masked. Want to see that 63 in less than 2 months

63 years old?

2 minutes ago, Continental said:

63 years old?

Yep... in a few months if I don’t get flattened in a parking lot this afternoon 😳

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

The word used was “discourage” not “order”. I read discourage as telling people why you don’t patronize a place and why you think/wish they wouldn’t either. Order is when you tell people what not to do...

Its all relative.  Still, if the question is about "free market", I see a huge difference between encouraging commerce (with those one likes), vs. discouraging commerce (with those one dislikes).

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Its all relative.  Still, if the question is about "free market", I see a huge difference between encouraging commerce (with those one likes), vs. discouraging commerce (with those one dislikes).

I thought word of mouth was part of free market too. And that work of mouth could be encouraging or discouraging. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

No, that is the exact opposite.  You are telling people what not to choose.  You seek to constrain their choices.  That is not "free market".

They're still free to choose. They're constrained only by their own consciences.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Because I’ve seen that you enjoy using definitions: here’s one “a free market is a system in which the prices for goods and services are self-regulated by the open market and by consumers. In a free market, the laws and forces of supply and demand are free from any intervention by a government or other authority, and from all forms of economic privilege, monopolies and artificial scarcities” 

The bolded items are key. Telling people to boycott a business is the same as self-regulation by consumers. 

A boycott is not self-regulation.  It is creation of an artificial scarcity of demand.

• Like 1